Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
sark666
Connoisseur
sark666 began at the beginning.

Device: colognesbook
Random page breaks and random subscripts?

I have some books that were just txt files that I converted to epubs with calibre.

They work fine for the most part on my koboreader, but there will sometimes be the odd random page break and subscript numbers. They are rare enough that I've put up with it and assumed it was some weird formatting in text file, but I've gone back and looked at the text file and there's nothing apparent that would cause this.

These oddities do not appear in calibre's built-in ereader. Also, the page breaks aren't fixed in that if I change font sizes in my kobo, it might disappear depending on the size of the font. But it will always consistently be in the same place in that if I go back to the previous size, it's there again. Same behaviour with the subscript numbers.

I hope I can blame calibre and not my kobo but again, these epubs are fine in its reader.

Any clues what could cause this? Anyone else experience this?

Also, I was going to re-convert some txt files, trying some things, is there a way I can hack in kobo's database a page #, instead of having to hit next 80 times?
sark666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
shall1028
Nameless Being

There really should be a sticky note in every forum that points out that it is difficult to diagnose a problem without a sample to examine.

Do you have a smallish sample file the you post as an attachment here and a place or places within the text that the mysterious problem appears? Choose a phrase in the text near or at the break so that it can be found within the document.
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 02:25 AM   #3
sark666
Connoisseur
sark666 began at the beginning.

Device: colognesbook
I understand. I'll try and see if I can chop out a portion and that still exhibits the problem
sark666 is offline   Reply With Quote