Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Yippee! Posting from my new netbook!

Just got it today! Love it! It was the one that I posted from woot the other day. Of course, I downloaded the Sony software and when I try to log in it won't let me, but then again I'm at the bar and my connection sucks.

But regardless, I love it! Squee!!!!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Yay!

which model d'you have?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

I got an Acer Aspire One. 160GB of memory 10 inch screen
Old 07-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oooh nice
Old 07-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I got an Acer Aspire One. 160GB of memory 10 inch screen
ah one of the new ones. Do they have a better keyboard than the old 8.9 inch model?

Edit: that's a whole lot of memory!! :P
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Congratulations! Which OS did it come with? Are you eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 7?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

It is obviously broken down already, since she doesn't answer.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz116 View Post
It is obviously broken down already, since she doesn't answer.
Maybe 160 Gigs of RAM isn't enough [running away to hide].
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
Laz116
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Windows can't handle that kind of configuration. Obvious development flaw from Acers side. Shame on them.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz116 View Post
Windows can't handle that kind of configuration. Obvious development flaw from Acers side. Shame on them.
Tsk! Now now

Old 07-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I do believe dear lilac has confused RAM memory with storage memory. The latter she has 160 GB. Anyway, congratulations.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #12
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
YAY !!! I bought the 8.9" model on July 4th,as at the time when I was purchasing it from a friend who got it as a gift and didn't want it,I still had my Sony TZ laptop which has an 11" screen...getting the 10" seemed too close-and I LOVE having the netbook.I am just finally getting around to setting it up with my reader,and that's been a nightmare. One of the first times I used the netbook was to use wifi from my nail salon during a pedicure appointment-I've sinced toted it around town.And my timing could NOT have been better,after a sudden death of the HD on my Sony TZ (but I should have it back in 2-3 weeks). How do you like it so far ? I'm thinking of getting one for my dad. I also have the 160GB HD - my other half wanted this one,but he got a great deal on a floor model at Datavision in June -they screwed up and sold him the 16GB one,he's had some minor issues with it-but overall has loved it,and the freedom it allows (especially since without a job currently,also went his company issued laptop)-and I am finding I feel better about not possibly ruining my expensive ultraportable. I am presently posting from outside while having a nice refreshing beverage
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #13
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Congrats, lilac! I love my netbook (as you know)!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #14
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi L.J., congrats on your new acquisition--sounds like fun
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks to RWood, for pointing out my mistake. In my defense, I was at the bar (nothing to do with me knowing nothing about computer hardware!). It has XP on it, and yes, you can load Windows 7 on it. I just need to get Office on it though.