Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 AM   #331
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
I try for 7 comic books (all of my comic collection on kindle) and i have always the same problem. Contrast/brightness box doesn't work for me.
My kindle device's language is english. And it works fine with other app or hack (also i use JBpatch-ixtab). Does contrast/brightness box coincide with another app (or hack) may not work for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is working very well.

Better than some of our native speakers (including myself) can do.
Thank you dear knc1 I try express myself right way in english. And Google Translate helps to me well for this work.

Best regards and greetings from Turkey (Türkiye) both you dear friends .

(By the way sorry for my english, i'm using Google Translate)
asdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #332
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
If it didn't ever worked for any comic both in portrait and in landscape mode, I'd suggest to uninstall and install Komic again (using a newly downloaded package).
Please note:
- uninstalling Komic will delete the Gallery folder. If you want to keep it, just rename it before uninstalling Komic then rename it back to Gallery.
- you will lose your bookmarks

This is my last hope as I can't reproduce your problem and, moreover, the contrast/brightness box seems to work for others!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #333
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Bookmarks are unnecessary now for me. Then I can manage again them all. But Gallery Folder is very necessary fo me.

If i want to keep my Gallery folder, just rename it before uninstalling Komic then rename it back to Gallery and it work's as old times fine. Is this method definetly safe my comic collection on Kindle?

If it is safe, i can try your suggested install/uninstall method and then i give feedback to you.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #334
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdas View Post
Bookmarks are unnecessary now for me. Then I can manage again them all. But Gallery Folder is very necessary fo me.

If i want to keep my Gallery folder, just rename it before uninstalling Komic then rename it back to Gallery and it work's as old times fine. Is this method definetly safe my comic collection on Kindle?

If it is safe, i can try your suggested install/uninstall method and then i give feedback to you.

Yep, it's safe.
Just rename /documents/Gallery to /documents/OLDGallery or whatever name you want.
Then place in your kindle the uninstall bin file provided in the zip package.
Update your kindle.
You will find your OLDGallery folder where you left it!
Install Komic again.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #335
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Does this work on the Kindle 3 with keyboard?
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #336
asdas
Enthusiast

Your Way works very well.
Thank your patience and help dear silver18.
Komic is powerfull and usefull app, it brings our comic archieve on our kindle.
You're genuis developer, thank you again dear friend.

I have last question for Contrast/brightness box.
When this feature is working, comic page refresh twice.
First refresh for normal view, second refresh for tuned (my prefer darkest) view.
This (twice refresh) process is for every page, that i press next page.
Is it normal?

Old 12-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #337
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by centhena View Post
Does this work on the Kindle 3 with keyboard?
I don't know...I can't try it as I don't have the Kindle 3!
BTW, anyone could try it as the sources are available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdas View Post
Your Way works very well.
Thank your patience and help dear silver18.
Komic is powerfull and usefull app, it brings our comic archieve on our kindle.
You're genuis developer, thank you again dear friend.

I have last question for Contrast/brightness box.
When this feature is working, comic page refresh twice.
First refresh for normal view, second refresh for tuned (my prefer darkest) view.
This (twice refresh) process is for every page, that i press next page.
Is it normal?

I'm glad everything is working now!
You get two refreshes as the contrast/brightness feature needs images to be loaded, so you see a first refresh when the image is changed and a second refresh when the image is loaded and settings are applied.
I'm working on making it less evident!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #338
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@silver18: Wild guess on the broken contrast thingy: check what the locales look like on a non US/EN Kindle, and see if your script isn't expecting stuff to match the formatting of an US locale (I'm particularly thinking of the LC_* env vars and the wildly varying ways to format numbers in different locales).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #339
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@silver18: Wild guess on the broken contrast thingy: check what the locales look like on a non US/EN Kindle, and see if your script isn't expecting stuff to match the formatting of an US locale (I'm particularly thinking of the LC_* env vars and the wildly varying ways to format numbers in different locales).
I don't think I understood it correctly.
Anyway, I tried every single language available in my Kindle and it worked fine!
BTW, I use locales just to translate strings. All numbers and elaborations are made by my JS and they should always work!

In the end, merry Christmas!!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #340
silver18
THE NOOB

Komic now is able to free some memory when needed to avoid this problem...

I wish I could add more features but, as WAFs are cached somewhere (), I can't alter files on-the-go!
This prevents me from refreshing comic list after deleting some of them.
Anyway, I *could* be able to free us from the pain to use a predefined name pattern...
Old 12-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #341
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hi mate

Dont know if you noticed but the Gtk stuff has come a long way...

Possibly you could think about making a native version at some point.

Respect to you and all you have done. This is one of my favourite MR threads.
And you are one of my secret heroes.

Top work. There is always "another way" no doubt you will find it.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #342
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hi mate

Dont know if you noticed but the Gtk stuff has come a long way...

Possibly you could think about making a native version at some point.

Respect to you and all you have done. This is one of my favourite MR threads.
And you are one of my secret heroes.

Top work. There is always "another way" no doubt you will find it.
Interesting...could you please point me to the relevant thread?
I need to study this (as I don't know what Gtk is right now! )
Old 12-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #343
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It draws things on your screen: http://www.gtk.org/screenshots/
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #344
silver18
THE NOOB

And this is good...
I'm jumping here and there looking for more info!
I know there are some games for KT made using GTK, so I could start understanding them!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #345
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I actually have a pretty easy to use toolset at the moment.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189372

with my notes on adding extra libraries from buildroot and you are there. Hell you can even test on the local pc. how cool is that.

I heart your work and feel sure you can easily add this excellent toolset to your belt.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons