Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Kindle Touch finally went international!

The international version was released today - it's only Kindle Touch WIFI ($139).

Finally I was able to order it to Poland: http://amzn.to/wEyKyQ :-)

Touch 3G is still "US Only" though if there's no free web browsing, it's not so big deal...
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Hm. Seems that they are only shipping to countries without a "local" Kindle Shop yet. (E.g. they don't take an order from Germany but redirect to the German shop, where they don't have the Touch on offer.)
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Maybe this version will roll out to the other stores soon.

In Amazon UK for a few days there had KT accessories but not the reader itself.

Last edited by Vroo; 02-03-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: typo
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #4
Keloff
Electronic media explorer
Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation), iPad 2
Now I can stop telling people it doesn't ship to South Africa. I think that's really the most exciting part about this announcement. =)
Keloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroo View Post
Maybe this version will roll out to the other stores soon.

In Amazon UK for a few days there had KT accesories but not the reader itself.
I guess so, too.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I asked Amazon UK. They replied:

Quote:
On looking into your enquiry, I would like to confirm that we are working hard to bring Kindle Touch to Amazon.co.uk.
which may mean something... or nothing.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bringing the Touch to the UK (and other national Amazon stores) may need a firmware revision. When I try to connect to the Amazon bookstore from my (US) Kindle Touch I get a message saying that it's only able to connect to "amazon.com" but my account is at "amazon.co.uk".

That may perhaps account for the reason that the Touch isn't available to those people in countries where there is a local Amazon site.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Its available in Australia now.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
Croptop
Zealot
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 5
It's also available to be shipped to Canada now but only the WiFi version.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
It's also available to be shipped to Canada now but only the WiFi version.
Which I'm very disappointed about. I hope it's just a supply issue, and not a decision to phase out the 3G capacity in Canada.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No luck either when trying to ship one to France (redirects to the french KS, which doesn't stock the Touch).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:27 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
No luck either when trying to ship one to France (redirects to the french KS, which doesn't stock the Touch).
Nobody who has a "national" Amazon site can buy it at present, perhaps because the Touch will currently only "talk" to "amazon.com".
Old 02-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
DumbledoreMD
DumbledoreMD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Mhhh, just two weeks after I bought one through a friend in US.... nice anyway)
DumbledoreMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
Alf38
Alf38 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Kb + Kindle 4 Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Bringing the Touch to the UK (and other national Amazon stores) may need a firmware revision. When I try to connect to the Amazon bookstore from my (US) Kindle Touch I get a message saying that it's only able to connect to "amazon.com" but my account is at "amazon.co.uk".

That may perhaps account for the reason that the Touch isn't available to those people in countries where there is a local Amazon site.
That's strange. I bought a touch SO in USA 2 months ago, and I can connect and buy books from the french Amazon store without any problem.
It's a wifi one.
Alf38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #15
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Which I'm very disappointed about. I hope it's just a supply issue, and not a decision to phase out the 3G capacity in Canada.
I hope not. That's the one I've been waiting for. They still sell the other Kindle versions with 3G in Canada. Hopefully it really is just a supply issue. Guess I'll just keep waiting. I do have the option to buy when I'm in the States but I'm worried that if it breaks I won't be able to return it.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote