Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Olivier_B
Olivier_B began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad / Glofiish X500
Where is the font folder?

... a simple question, but I have no font directory on my Cybook. I have tried to create a folder called "Font", but it doesn't work. Any idea? Thank you.
Olivier_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I saw another post that indicated it had to be "Fonts" and this is case sensitive.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I saw another post that indicated it had to be "Fonts" and this is case sensitive.
Yes.

At the root level on the Cybook (Not the SD card) you should see these directories/folders.

/eBooks
/Fonts
/Music
/Pictures
/system

Note that the "System" directory is all lower-case and that the ebooks directory has the 'B' in upper-case, not the 'e'.

If you create a /Font or /fonts or /font directory, you'll lose almost the use of almost all fonts until you get rid of that directory.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
Olivier_B
Olivier_B began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad / Glofiish X500
Thumbs up

Fine! It works. Thank you.
Olivier_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Yes.

At the root level on the Cybook (Not the SD card) you should see these directories/folders.

/eBooks
/Fonts
/Music
/Pictures
/system

Note that the "System" directory is all lower-case and that the ebooks directory has the 'B' in upper-case, not the 'e'.

If you create a /Font or /fonts or /font directory, you'll lose almost the use of almost all fonts until you get rid of that directory.

Derek
Derek I've got those folders on the sd card not on the device and when I click on the device I get the following error msg: "The request can not be performed because of an I/O device error" Any thoughts?

Found the problem It's my windows installation cos I setup the reader and Mobipocket software in the wife's laptop and it works ok.

UPDATE: This is crazy, it's not windows the problem it's one of the usb ports, after pluging the cybook on another port mobi and windows recognise it and works ok phew....... thought I had to reinstall windows.

Last edited by Gibbo; 11-07-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert