Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #91
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The average user does not have multiple readers.
Right, hence their Amazon-bought books will continue to work on their one Kindle....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #92
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
There are probably a good number of us who've never purchased an eReader. Mine was a gift and happened to be the NookColor. So far, I've only loaded library books and purchases from B&N and Amazon onto it. (I may have to look into this Kobo/coupon thing y'all are discussing).

For ease of use, I'll buy from B&N unless I find it cheaper at Amazon (a rare occurrence, but has happened).

It's the economy!!! (Plus, the 'hoops' are kind of fun and accomplished in mere seconds).
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #93
MikeFromMesa
Enthusiast
MikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
For ease of use, I'll buy from B&N unless I find it cheaper at Amazon (a rare occurrence, but has happened).
I always try to buy from the Kindle shop if I can. I like the longer samples available (the Kindle store samples always seem a lot longer than the Nook store samples) and I like the ability to return a book for a refund for the first 7 days at the Kindle store. You cannot do that at the Nook store.
MikeFromMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #94
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Whispersync is an all or nothing deal. It is either on or it's off. You cannot turn it off for certain books/devices. So if your spouse decides to read the same book you are, you'll get no ends of hassle when your last read pages changes on you.
No it doesn't. You will get a notice asking you if you want to advance to the last unread page. You can choose no and not worry about it.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #95
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromMesa View Post
I always try to buy from the Kindle shop if I can. I like the longer samples available (the Kindle store samples always seem a lot longer than the Nook store samples) and I like the ability to return a book for a refund for the first 7 days at the Kindle store. You cannot do that at the Nook store.
I did not know that. Amazing.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #96
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I've returned nook books to B&N before.

'Course, it took me 2 hours on hold with customer service.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #97
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
I've just checked on the amazon.com refund page and that's true. It doesn't state anything particular but I guess if you do it 10 times, they will get angry !
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #98
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Right, hence their Amazon-bought books will continue to work on their one Kindle....
I've now found a reader that is way way way way way better then a Kindle and it's touch and it will handle all your Kindle eBooks no problem as well as ePub with & without DRM.

a rooted nook Touch with the Kindle app blows away the K3.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #99
OrganicJerk
Enthusiast
OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook STR
Quote:
a rooted nook Touch with the Kindle app blows away the K3.

Big words! I wouldn't say that just yet... especially with the page transition animations. Maybe soon, though.
OrganicJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #100
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicJerk View Post
Big words! I wouldn't say that just yet... especially with the page transition animations. Maybe soon, though.
A rooted nook Touch gives you the Kindle app. It gives you touch. It gives you ePub. And it gives it to you without the physical keyboard.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #101
OrganicJerk
Enthusiast
OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook STR
Quote:
A rooted nook Touch gives you the Kindle app. It gives you touch. It gives you ePub. And it gives it to you without the physical keyboard.
Believe me, I'm totally on board! I'm just waiting for the performance of the app to pan out.

Right now Aldiko and FbReader look much better to me, as the apps allow you to get rid of animations and such.. something that Amazon's simplified app lacks.

That said, people are working in getting a stable build out, and a good solid Kindle E-ink app has to be on their list.
OrganicJerk is offline   Reply With Quote