Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #781
Gorgrey
Gorgrey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Unhappy Kobo Aura One & Calibre

This Quote is from Post #737 in this Threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluli View Post

For now, I managed to get
customcolumn - series [01] - Title
and
customcolunm - Title,
using
{#customcolumn} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| [|] - }{}{title}
Hey guy´s, i kinda need help with the coding on that point.
ps. englisch is not my mothertoung, so i hope you all are able to understand me (and my problem) properly.

my question now to this code is, if the tag

"[CUSTOMCOLUMN]"

has subgroups in calibre (seperated my points [.]), is it possible to FIRST SORT the books after the "[CUSTOMCOLUMN]" (wich HAS SUBMENUES [OR SUBGROUBS] in it)
example picture:

[IMG][/IMG]

i want to sort my book on the Kobo Aura One like:

i want to open ON my cobo aura one the "[CUSTOMCOLUMN]" to see all sorts of letters (A-Z) [subgroups obviously],
when i press on the "R" letter, it should open the next subgroups like shown in the picture above (i want the subgroups like 4 subs deep & sorted my the first 4 or 5 letters) (i hope you get my point there ).

the momen i reach the last "subgroup" lets say, (like in the picture again)

"02-Die Vergessenen Welten"

and i klick on it it should show me the books in it, but not just sorted by titel name, i wat it then sorted by the actual series, (wich is series number 4 to 9 in that case)

here a Picture of the Tags ("Series" & [the obviously handwritten] "[CUSTOMCOLUMN]"

this is where this part of the code should come in

- {series}{series_index:0>2s| [|] - }{}{title} (CODE LEFT SHOULD COME AFTER SORTING THE "[CUSTOMCOLUMN]"
PS. AT THE END OF THIS POST IS A CODE, I WANT TO WORK.

The part written now, should specifie my "whish" for the sort order (if you didnt completely understand me at this momen.

BUT HOW should the part look befor? is it even possible,
to sort after a tag with subgrups, and then sort IN THIS SUBGROUPS (ONLY THE LAST SUBGROUP) after series?
i really need BIG help here :/ iam trying and and trying over and over again, but it kinda dosn´t work out so far

ps. if you are interested WHY in need (or want) it sorted like that, here is the answer.

lets say Author "A" writes fantasy-novels, and he writes them in like 2 virtual (fantasy) universes.
the first 3 bookseries (booksereis 1, 2, & 3) with about 6 books in each series, are in univers one.

He wrote his first bookseries, in this bookseries are 6 books.

a few years later he wrote a new novel-series in this univers, but in the chronological order BETWEEN his first bookseries.

later it dose looks like this (in chronological order)

first booksereis book 1
second booksereis book 1
second booksereis book 2
first booksereis book 2
first booksereis book 3
second booksereis book 3
first booksereis book 4
first booksereis book 5
second booksereis book 4
second booksereis book 5
first booksereis book 6
second booksereis book 6

so i ALREADY sorted ALL BOOKS after the universe they are playing in
(see picture 2, Serie-Tag)

and in the "[CUSTOMCOLUMN]" is every of those books, sorted (and sub-grouped [in tree-subs like seen in picture one])

like:
author.universe.[chronological order of the SERIES in two letter-digits]&seriesname.

so the tree-sort order shown above (picture one), is MY "[CUSTOMCOLUMN]" also seen in picture two, top right (or the very right tag [tha handwritten one])

what i want on Kobo Aura One is now something like that:

{#customcolumn}{#customcolumn_index:0>5s| [|] - } - {series}{series_index:0>2s| [|] - }{}{title}

but iam pretty sure iam doing something wrong here :/

really guys, iam desperate for help. i want this sort order SO BADLY!

and somehow i can´t manage it, to work like that

PLEASE ALMIGHTY INTERNET - HELP ME
Gorgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #782
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
All right, am not sure what I did wrong here. This is my first time using plugboard and I was trying to set the title using the following template:

{series:.3|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] }{title}

I saved it to Kindle2 (as it was labelled) and assigned it to Title.

The issue however came up when I was assigning my collections via librariansync and I got this on my update log:

Title: PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR Value: unknown field series||

And now it has messed up my collections on kindle, saying that there duplicate files when there aren't.

EDIT: Also, on my kindle my book that has a series now read Title: PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR Value: unknown field series|| . The odd thing is some of the titles with a series reads as it ought to be ie: Series [1] Title of Book but most are showing PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR.

I have tried editing by using other formats like:

{series}{series_index:0>2s| #| – }{title}
{series}{series_index:0>2s| – | – }{title}
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] }{title}

And it still gave me the same template error.

Worst, when I removed all the plugboards it still showed the same error when I updated my collections later. I have tried restarting calibre, restarting my computer but the problem of the plugboard still persist.

Is there a way for me to tell calibre that the plugboards are gone and it doesn't need to update that address. Do I have to reinstall this calibre? What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?

EDIT TO ADD: I have a different template for 'save to devices' (as to arrange the folders in my drives) since I have multiple devices to use. I wish to know does the template for to save to the drivers cause a clash? If I have a template for save to device does that mean I can't use the plugboards?

EDIT II: I have even deleted some of the .json and .py files from calibre's settings folders, which reset calibre and it asks me to set it up again but the problem still continues.

Please help. And thank you in advance.

EDIT 3:

All right. I had to delete my ebooks on kindle and transfer it and then restart the thing twice but now it's all fixed and the titles are all correct. Am not sure why I had to do that but at least everything's correct.

Last edited by madame_newbie; 06-30-2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: New development.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #783
niijii
niijii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Kindle Fire
Newer to Calibre

I want to add books so the end result is

this format in the "title" spot ~ How would I do this... is there a tutorial video?

A Song of Ice & Fire [01] A Game of Thrones
A Song of Ice & Fire [02] A Clash of Kings
A Song of Ice & Fire [03] A Storm of Swords
A Song of Ice & Fire [04] A Feast for Crows

Thank you for any help I may receive... thank you.
niijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #784
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by niijii View Post

this format in the "title" spot ~ How would I do this... is there a tutorial video?

Go to plugboards, select your ebook format and then your ebook reader, copy and paste:
{series} {series_index:0>2s|[|]} {title}, then select title, then save. This should work for you.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:01 AM   #785
sweth
Connoisseur
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kindle Fire 7 (7G), Kindle PW (2G), Nook GlowLight Plus
Is there any way to have a plugboard apply a regular expression transformation to each author individually? I use LN, FN format for authors in calibre, which gets switched to FN LN when I load books onto my Kindle--but I also use suffixes in brackets to indicate people in the authors field who aren't actually authors. So for example for Neil Gaiman's Graveyard Book, the authors field has

Gaiman, Neil & McKean, Dave [illustrator]

which then shows up on the Kindle as

Neil Gaiman & Dave [illustrator] McKean

. I had thought that a plugboard entry like

Code:
{authors:'re($, "^([^,]+), ([^[]+) (\[.*\])","\1 \3, \2")'}
would apply that re() to each of the authors, so that the authors would show up on the Kindle as

Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean [illustrator]

but instead it is applying it to the entire contents of that field, so that the author on the Kindle shows up as

Neil Gaiman [illustrator] & Dave McKean

. If I knew I would only ever have two entries in the authors field and that only the second one was annotated, I could tweak the regex accordingly, but I often have anthologies where the first entry in authors is "Some Guy [editor]" and then later on in a long list of authors might be "Other Guy [foreword]", as well as other variants that make a single regex for the entire authors field impractical.

Is there any way to apply a regex to each of the authors? list_re() doesn't quite fit the bill, as it eliminates entirely any authors that don't match the regex, and using it with a regex that could match authors with or without the annotation in []s requires using optional matching via ()? that throws off the replacement substitutions for one or the other case.
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2017, 07:32 AM   #786
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweth View Post
Is there any way to apply a regex to each of the authors? list_re() doesn't quite fit the bill, as it eliminates entirely any authors that don't match the regex, and using it with a regex that could match authors with or without the annotation in []s requires using optional matching via ()? that throws off the replacement substitutions for one or the other case.
Try this:
Code:
{authors:'list_re($, ' & ', '^([^,]+), ([^[]+)(\[.*\]*|$)', '\2 \1 \3')'}
The change is to make the third group be able to match an empty string. Note that I changed the order of the group indicators in the replacement to produce what I think you are asking for.

Alternatively you can write a custom template function that does whatever you want.

EDIT: alternative 2: use list_re_group and separate out the two cases, as in the following:
Code:
{authors:'list_re_group($, ' & ', '.', '(^.*].*$)|(^.*$)', "[[$:'re($, '^([^,]+), ([^[]+) (\[.*\])', '\2 \1 \3')']]", "[[$:'re($, '^([^,]+), ([^[]+)', '\2 \1')']]")'}
The first group is anything that contains a ] or empty. The second group is either empty or anything that doesn't contain a ]. The two re functions in the group section handle the two cases. This second alternative handles names that are not LN, FN.

Last edited by chaley; 08-27-2017 at 07:51 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #787
sweth
Connoisseur
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kindle Fire 7 (7G), Kindle PW (2G), Nook GlowLight Plus
Awesome, that works perfectly!
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:51 PM   #788
niijii
niijii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Kindle Fire
Sending to Android to use with Moonreader pro - Messed something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_newbie View Post
Go to plugboards, select your ebook format and then your ebook reader, copy and paste:
{series} {series_index:0>2s|[|]} {title}, then select title, then save. This should work for you. riginally Posted by niijii View Post

I had this working before update and I messed something up with this.. what can I do to fix this. I want to send from calibre to android - using moonreader pro so it appears on the shelf as Series Series# name of book author

Now I have communicating error... sigh...

Last edited by niijii; 09-06-2017 at 12:57 PM.
niijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #789
sha
sha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm trying to make my plugboards truncate trailing zeros while maintaining leading zeros.

Example:

Series 01 Title
Series 02 Title
Series 02.5 Title
Series 11 Title

What's happening right now (I've tried variations of 0>2.1f, 0>2s, g, etc):

Series 01.0 Title
Series 02.0 Title
Series 02.5 Title
Series 11.0 Title

or:

Series 1 Title
Series 11 Title
Series 2 Title
Series 2.50 Title

Any help would be appreciated.
sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:30 AM   #790
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sha View Post
I'm trying to make my plugboards truncate trailing zeros while maintaining leading zeros.

Example:

Series 01 Title
Series 02 Title
Series 02.5 Title
Series 11 Title

What's happening right now (I've tried variations of 0>2.1f, 0>2s, g, etc):

Series 01.0 Title
Series 02.0 Title
Series 02.5 Title
Series 11.0 Title

or:

Series 1 Title
Series 11 Title
Series 2 Title
Series 2.50 Title

Any help would be appreciated.
This Template Program Mode template does the job. It distinguishes between integer and floating point series numbers, picking different formatting. For floating point numbers it removes any trailing zeros after the number is formatted.
Code:
{series_index:'contains($, '\.', re(format_number($, '0>5.2f'), '0*$', ''), format_number($, '0>2d'))'}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:19 AM   #791
sha
sha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This Template Program Mode template does the job. It distinguishes between integer and floating point series numbers, picking different formatting. For floating point numbers it removes any trailing zeros after the number is formatted.
Thanks so much for this! It works perfectly.
sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:01 PM   #792
DarkLordCorwin
DarkLordCorwin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire (5th generation)
Post Plugboard Novice

Ok, so I after having to reset my Kindle I decided before I started sideloading a ton of books onto the SD card(yes, you heard me right, I'm going to figure out how to digitally load a metric ton on there) I would get around to organizing my Calibre Library and fixing all the metadata. Along the way I wanted to change how I was dealing with series numbers so that they would show up and discovered after some google searches the plugboards. What a wonderful feature.

That's when tragedy struck. After an hour or two of searching various threads and sites, I believed I had the code string I needed for my plugboard to get my series to display the way I wanted. Alas, it was not to be. So I tried 3 other things. And I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. So I came. Made it through about 3 pages before my brain started melting and dribbling out my ear. At that point I figured out I needed to ask for help.

So please, oh great plugboard gurus. What have I done wrong?

I wanted my books to display on my Kindle Fire (5th generation) as such:

The Honor of Violet Fate
ISSTH [03] - Er Gen

and

Fake Title
Bricks [02] - John Smith (for one word series that need no acronyms)(If that's possible why still
doing acronyms for the longer series titles)

First I tried using this

Code:
{#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shortened,series)}{series_index:>2s|[|] - }{authors}
and when that didn't work, I tried

Code:
{series:|| series }{series_index:>2s|[|] - }{authors}
and when that didn't work either, I tried

Code:
{series:|| series }{series_index:>2s|| by }{authors}
at least I think I tried that last one, I might have fiddled with a different one.
I tried restarting my kindle a few times. Used the same book for all attempts, part of a small series, one of the few I had already gotten around to fixing the metadata on.

Is what I'm trying to do possible? Or do I need to settle for something a little simpler but still effective? Is the code wrong in general or in particular for the device I am using?
DarkLordCorwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #793
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Where are you putting this code? What Target?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:01 AM   #794
DarkLordCorwin
DarkLordCorwin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire (5th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Where are you putting this code? What Target?
azw3 Kindle Fire Authors if I understand what you're asking correctly
DarkLordCorwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:26 AM   #795
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordCorwin View Post
azw3 Kindle Fire Authors if I understand what you're asking correctly
OK
I usually put series index in the Title field, but yours should work.
(I also make collections with the series name, but I understand that the KC plugin does not work with the Fire)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom column, tag, tags