Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 02:01 AM   #1
basilsands
Arctic Warrior
basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
65 Below - edge of your seat thriller set in Alaska [$0.99 -limited time! post #22]

65 Below:
After twenty years hunting terrorists under orders to "render harmless", USMC Master Sergeant Marcus Orlando Johnson, Mojo to his friends, settles into a quiet rural retirement on his childhood home in the Alaskan backwoods. But the idyllic retirement is shattered when Marcus comes across soldiers of America's staunchest enemy who are about to unleash a nightmarish biological weapon on the world from the most unexpected of places. With the help of his ex-fiancee, State Trooper Lonnie Wyatt, and his old special operations buddy Harley Wasner they race to stop a potentially devastating terrorist attack with worldwide implications but even nature is against them as the temperatures plummet to 65 below.

Originally only available as a podcast audiobook, 65 Below developed an audience of tens of thousands of listeners around the world. The text version includes new scenes and additional characters not in the original audio.

"Basil Sands has a knack for blending action and intrigue in an all-too realistic setting. In Karl's Last Flight, the future is reminiscent of our recent past. I just hope there are heroes like Basil's heroes fighting on our side. "
-Evo Terra, founder of Podiobooks.com

"Sands is fearless in his storytelling, and tireless in his quest to connect directly with his audience. Big Publishing? Watch out for this guy." Scott Sigler, NYT Bestselling author of Infected, Contagious, and Ancestor

“Basil Sands is one awesome writer, penning stories pumped with enough adrenaline that you’ll suffer from insomnia until you read the last word. This is one writer not to be missed.” – Jeremy Robinson, author of PULSE and INSTINCT

At least, that's what they say....
basilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, basilsands.

We are an international forum of many devices and love to support authors who publish in more than one format (especially those who become active participating members of our community).

Have fun exploring our forums and let us get to know you as you get to know us.

Please take a moment to review our author / publisher posting guidelines and just ask if you have any questions.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Sounds intersting. Is it available anywhere other than Amazon? If not, you should consider making it available at Smashwords. Many of us do not own Kindles and/or do not buy from Amazon. We need formats like ePub.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
basilsands
Arctic Warrior
basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Sounds intersting. Is it available anywhere other than Amazon? If not, you should consider making it available at Smashwords. Many of us do not own Kindles and/or do not buy from Amazon. We need formats like ePub.
It is indeed at Smashwords. I look forward to hearing what you think about the story.

Last edited by basilsands; 09-28-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I have just started this book today, and I'm 32% into it... So far it's a great read... If it stays this way it's a 5 star book.

It does have a few minor spelling mistakes and missing words..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:09 AM   #6
basilsands
Arctic Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I have just started this book today, and I'm 32% into it... So far it's a great read... If it stays this way it's a 5 star book.

I look forward to your final analysis.

Quote:
Even after a couple years and numerous edits .... some of those little beasties always seem stay lodged in there don't they.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:17 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilsands View Post
I look forward to your final analysis.

Even after a couple years and numerous edits .... some of those little beasties always seem stay lodged in there don't they.
Unfortunately I'm no good at writing reviews, but I'll certainly point out that the book was great...

The little beasties - I compare them to spiders (if there's a spider visible, I'll see it), they just jump out at me... I was thinking of marking them, but few authors are interested in their mistakes...
Old 10-06-2010, 02:22 AM   #8
basilsands
Arctic Warrior

Quote:
... I was thinking of marking them, but few authors are interested in their mistakes...
Well, for what it's worth I for one am always willing to take corrective action. Especially in light of the fact that it is still in digital only format and therefore relatively easy to correct. If you'd be willing, I am definitely game for it.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:52 AM   #9
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilsands View Post
Well, for what it's worth I for one am always willing to take corrective action. Especially in light of the fact that it is still in digital only format and therefore relatively easy to correct. If you'd be willing, I am definitely game for it.
I thought I was 32% into the book, and just couldn't see how it could finish that soon... Well, I was reading the 50% downloaded sample! So.. I had to hurry and buy the book, so I could finish it...

It's a thrilling ride... Absolutely love it.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #10
basilsands
Arctic Warrior

Quote:
I thought I was 32% into the book, and just couldn't see how it could finish that soon... Well, I was reading the 50% downloaded sample! So.. I had to hurry and buy the book, so I could finish it...

It's a thrilling ride... Absolutely love it.
Thank you M'Lady. So glad you enjoyed it.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #11
basilsands
Arctic Warrior

FREE E-Book! Just answer this question...

Here's a little promotional contest.

My thriller novel 65 Below is set in a fictionalized town of Salt Jacket, which is based on my birth place in Alaska. Not too many people know a lot about the layout of Alaska and its numerous small towns and villages scattered all throughout the wilderness. Therefore in the hopes of both enlightenment and promoting my book I would like to give a chance to several folks here to get a free copy of this book and if you get the bonus questions, all three of my ebooks.

All you have to do is answer this question.
The first 5 correct responders will receive a coupon code for a free download of 65 Below. Post your responses here and I will notify the winners via once 5 correct answers are posted. No limit to the number of posts till you get it right.

What is the real name of the town I was born in and which formed the basis for the fictionalized town of Salt Jacket?

Here are some clues:
1. It is on the Richardson Highway between Fairbanks and Delta Junction
2. It's name is an Athabaskan word related to its location
3. It is at the junction of a major river and a smaller river
4. It is along the route of the Alaska Oil Pipeline

Bonus Question:
if you answer these questions you will receive my other two ebooks for free as well!
1. Name 3 businesses in the town
2. What is the name of the town's volunteer rescue service
3. What is the pipeline pumpstation number in the town

Ready....Set....GO!!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #12
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Salcha

A-1 Leather Goods
Alaskan Nibbles
Alaskan Serenity Massage

SALCHA FIRE AND RESCUE

Pumpstation 7

Salcha comes from Salchakakat, meaning "mouth of the Salcha river". Translated to Salt Jacket by prospectors.

Last edited by edbro; 10-14-2010 at 02:43 PM.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #13
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
^-- What edbro said.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
Art Swyhart
Art Swyhart began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I believe Edbro and Worldwalker have correct answers.

Salcha

A-1 Leather Goods
Alaskan Nibbles
Alaskan Serenity Massage

SALCHA FIRE AND RESCUE

Pumpstation 7

Salcha comes from Salchakakat, meaning "mouth of the Salcha river". Translated to Salt Jacket by prospectors.
Art Swyhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #15
GrandmaVS
GrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enough

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Aluratek 7" Media Reader, Kobo Wifi, Playbook
Salcha

Salcha River Lodge
US Post Office
Midway Lodge

Salcha Rescue Emergency Services

Pumpstation 7
GrandmaVS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, alaska, military, terrorist, thriller