Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony daily edition 950
Hi guys,

Just ordered the T1. I was hoping that by the time I get it, they will have released the update. But now I have a question, the talks about the update are on the .uk website, Will the people in the US be able to get the update?
caribbean_spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
capuchino71
Enthusiast
capuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony prs350 ,and awaiting PRS-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbean_spur View Post
Hi guys,

Just ordered the T1. I was hoping that by the time I get it, they will have released the update. But now I have a question, the talks about the update are on the .uk website, Will the people in the US be able to get the update?
Ofcourse they will get it.
And actualy US forum anounced it first.
capuchino71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #18
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I thought the UK update I found was 1.02, then 1.03.
Which installed fine.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #19
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Just check support - there is now no mention of 1.03, so I presume that was an error, I've got 1.02.
Lordy, nowt's easy, is it...
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #20
dedgod
Enthusiast
dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle PW2
Unhappy

Sony is now targeting mid-December for firmware release.
dedgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #21
ring0_event
Zealot
ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle3 (3G), PRS-950 (x2), PRS-T1
Done right is better than done quickly.
ring0_event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #22
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Exactly. Rushing it out could be a path to further problems.

Happy to wait a bit longer.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #23
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
pessimistic estimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
Someone should tell Sony it is better to give pessimistic estimates and beat them, than give optimistic ones and miss them. Yikes.
I agree with you wholeheartedly! Not sure if Sony would though.

Remember Bill Gates and Windows? That was vaporware for years and look what it got him. Only the whole world.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #24
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
I agree with you wholeheartedly! Not sure if Sony would though.

Remember Bill Gates and Windows? That was vaporware for years and look what it got him. Only the whole world.
The key difference is that Microsoft was already operating from a position of strength. PC clones and the cheaper pricing were already making huge inroads into the market. So MS-DOS was replacing the previous generation of personal computers (led by the Apple II) at that point. It wasn't like there was a great option to jump ship to, with the Mac being more expensive, and requiring you to replace your existing software if you had invested in MS-DOS software.

Here, Amazon is the one in the position of strength. And they have a pretty good customer service record for a company of their size and market influence. Sony isn't in that boat, so they don't get the slack that the market leader does.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #25
Skip_intro
Culture Eccentric
Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
The key difference is that Microsoft was already operating from a position of strength...
I think biba might have been making a joke...
Skip_intro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #26
nnyy
nnyy began at the beginning.

Device: PDA
New reader software update now available.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PRS-T1/updates

Last edited by nnyy; 12-06-2011 at 09:25 AM.
nnyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #27
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnyy View Post

Not the firmware though.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #28
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnyy View Post

I swear, I can't believe this crap.

New software. I install it. It downloads two copies of today's WSJ. Neither of which can be added to the software - not under books, not under periodicals. It can't download yesterday's Financial Times, for whatever reason. I move on, nothing new there.

Then I plug in my 950 to sync it, and the whole thing freezes. I am forced to use Task Manager to shut the software down, it opens up, but now, when I plug my 950, it doesn't see it. I plug in my 350, which it finds, but then the sync freezes again. Have to force shutdown again with task manager. I open the software a third time, now it is just frozen. I restart my PC, software opens, periodicals still won't work. I sync my 950 successfully. Plug in the 350. Freeze. Open control panel, uninstall this piece of crap, back to the old reader library.

I swear, as soon as Calibre starts supporting annotations, I will be the happiest reader on these forums.

And go ahead, tell me I am biased against SONY. Because at this point I am. My PS3 died last week, by the way.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Syncing has never worked all that well. Your best to turn off syncing and do it manually.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:18 AM   #30
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Syncing has never worked all that well. Your best to turn off syncing and do it manually.
For some of us syncing worked smoothly and consistently in Reader Library and that's why Reader for PC / Mac is such a disappointment. One of the bugs in the new software is that if you turn off syncing it doesn't remember. Next time you plug in your T1 it forgets that you had syncing turned off and switches back to sync all which is annoying. And unfortunately you can't manually transfer items in the new software. The problem is that you need to use it with syncing to keep track of annotations. Sony really needs to update the firmware to support the wireless syncing of notes between the T1 and the Reader software just like the 950 works.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote