Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-04-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
alanboss
alanboss began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Html Documents to Ebook (something Iliad can read)

Hi All,

Firstly apologies if this is a somewhat noob type question.. However im a noob, so ill go ahead..

I have a couple of "Oreilly CD Bookshelf" titles which i would love to get onto my Iliad.

I see there are lots of tools out there which do things such as create ebook from html, so many infact i really dont know what to get.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this. The cd book shelves are basically swathes of html files and images etc.. I want a tool which will enable me to say ok.. Look at this Index.Html file follow the links and construct an entire ebook from that.

I have looked at Nasta and a couple of others but all have limitation on the number of pages they can do in the freeware forms.

I really want to know what the right tool is before i spend my hard earned simolians..

Any help Appreciated..
alanboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:22 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You don't need to spend a penny (er, if you see what I mean ).

Go to MobiPocket's developer site here and download MobiPocket Creator. It's a free tool for creating MobiPocket books, and it's what I've used to create the Mobi books I've uploaded here, many of which you'll see have illustrations, etc.

Works beautifully and it's all free.

All you have to do is create a project and add all your HTML files to it. The "cross-file" hyperlinks will all be resolved and you'll end up with a MobiPocket book which the iLiad can read.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanboss View Post
I want a tool which will enable me to say ok.. Look at this Index.Html file follow the links and construct an entire ebook from that.
The Plucker format is designed for exactly that, and can be read by FBReader. There are several tools for creating Plucker files, but Sunrise has its own forum and may be the most popular.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
nagyv
nagyv began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
I use htmldoc with the attached "settings" file. It's not like real typesetting, but produces an iLiad sized PDF file, and usually this is what I want.
Attached Files
File Type: txt htmldoc.book.txt (746 Bytes, 415 views)
nagyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
kokoshmusun
kokoshmusun began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
character fix in htmldoc

I get a lot of "A"s with a hat around the document when I generate pdf from html with htmldoc. I've gotten it on two separate books. Is there a way to fix that?
kokoshmusun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoshmusun View Post
I get a lot of "A"s with a hat around the document when I generate pdf from html with htmldoc. I've gotten it on two separate books. Is there a way to fix that?
Those A's are "non-break spaces" usually represented by   in HTML code. It is also represented by it's numeric code "&# 160;" or hex "&# xA0;" and thus the A's with hats! (ignore that space within the preceding quotes)

When present and this problem is exhibited, see if you can re-save the .html file in ASCII/ANSI (i.e. non UTF-8) plain text format. Then retry your conversion.

This may be a source file encoding issue that cannot be properly interpreted by that (old) htmldoc program.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote