Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Zorky
Zorky began at the beginning.

Device: Zepad
How to read books with Calibre Libary

I just bought Calibre Library for my android tablet and I connected it with pc with no problem and I could download the book but the problem is how do I read it there is slight change calibre has pre coded sdcard but my tablet uses tf cards hope that does not matter but yeah again how do I read books that I downloaded from my pc over to the android tablet by the way is vs 2.2.

All help is welcomed and thanks all.
Zorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorky View Post
I just bought Calibre Library for my android tablet and I connected it with pc with no problem and I could download the book but the problem is how do I read it there is slight change calibre has pre coded sdcard but my tablet uses tf cards hope that does not matter but yeah again how do I read books that I downloaded from my pc over to the android tablet by the way is vs 2.2.

All help is welcomed and thanks all.
While we usually refer to SD cards (most devices that support cards use these as they are common as dirt and Digital Cameras ) , it applies to any type of card the reader supports

If you have a "card reader(writer)", these are all treated as Disk drives.
So 1 choice (and the only one if your reader does not show as supported/able) is to 'Save to Disk' feature in Calibre.
If your reader supports cards as well as internal, you will see icons for each appear in the Toolbar shortly after connecting the device.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
Zorky

The card is working and it downloads the book but the problem I don't know how to read it with calibre program or do you have use another to read the books ?
Old 07-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The card is working and it downloads the book but the problem I don't know how to read it with calibre program or do you have use another to read the books ?
Ah!
When it is connected. You should see 2 new Icons (next to the Library Icon).
Click the one that says CardA, Those are the Books Calibre found on the card.
If there is NO tick (after the task wheel stop spinning), that means the book is not in your Library (or the name is different).

V is to View (read) a book. If the book was on the Card when you tapped V, then you are reading from the Card.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I don't have a tablet but you need another reader/viewer App that works on you tablet to read the books. I don't believe Calibre runs on anything other then a PC running Windows, Linux or OSX.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
Zorky

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Ah!
When it is connected. You should see 2 new Icons (next to the Library Icon).
Click the one that says CardA, Those are the Books Calibre found on the card.
If there is NO tick (after the task wheel stop spinning), that means the book is not in your Library (or the name is different).

V is to View (read) a book. If the book was on the Card when you tapped V, then you are reading from the Card.
Thank you for your help I will try this now
Old 07-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
Zorky

I have small problem calibre thinks my internal memory is sd card so its installing everything on that, not on my tf card. Is there way to make the address so it puts it on the tf card.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I have small problem calibre thinks my internal memory is sd card so its installing everything on that, not on my tf card. Is there way to make the address so it puts it on the tf card.
Change the defaults using the little arrow next to the Device Icon (when connected).
Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
Zorky

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Change the defaults using the little arrow next to the Device Icon (when connected).
thank you now it works
Old 07-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
You'll need to get an ebook reader app, such as kindle for android, or google books, or various other android readers. The calibre app you're talking about merely lets you download them, it isn't like the big calibre program that lets you read them.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote