Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Cordanim
Kindle Newbie
Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, Kindle 3 3G, iPad 2, BlackBerry Bold 9900
I loved my wife's Kindle 3 so much I had to buy my own!

Just thought I'd let all you helpful MR members that helped me muddle through all the e-reader choices back before Christmas and got me to go the Kindle 3 route.

I ended up getting a Kindle 3 WiFi on eBay (easier for Canadians) and I bought a few of her favourite author's books so it had some pre-loaded for her. She's starting like it more and more as she gets over the missing "feel of a book in her hands".

I, however, stole it for a couple days, downloaded the latest John Grisham novel, and couldn't put it down!

I have since taken delivery of my own 3G/ WiFi device that I am simply LOVING!!

Anyway, thanks to all the MR people that helped back when I was asking what were probably pretty dumb questions

Kev
Cordanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Then make sure that you try unusal books, let's face it Amazon has everything unlike msot book stores. If you don't look for those unusall books then you might as well had bought a Kobo and saved a lot of dollars and not gotten the ability to buy absolutely anything.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
congratulations and welcome BACK to the forums! ;o)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
Cordanim
Kindle Newbie
Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, Kindle 3 3G, iPad 2, BlackBerry Bold 9900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
congratulations and welcome BACK to the forums! ;o)
Oh, I never left - just quietly getting tips and info when I need

Getting my head around Calibre right now - great app!
Cordanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordanim View Post
Just thought I'd let all you helpful MR members that helped me muddle through all the e-reader choices back before Christmas and got me to go the Kindle 3 route.

I ended up getting a Kindle 3 WiFi on eBay (easier for Canadians) and I bought a few of her favourite author's books so it had some pre-loaded for her. She's starting like it more and more as she gets over the missing "feel of a book in her hands".

I, however, stole it for a couple days, downloaded the latest John Grisham novel, and couldn't put it down!

I have since taken delivery of my own 3G/ WiFi device that I am simply LOVING!!
Kev
Congratulations! I purchased one last month, and it is pure pleasure.

(Btw, in case you are ever temped to buy one directly from Amazon - it was painless for me - they shipped it directly to Nova Scotia with no problems at all, and were great to deal with. )

Enjoy!
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
hrynkiw
Connoisseur
hrynkiw doesn't litterhrynkiw doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordanim View Post
I ended up getting a Kindle 3 WiFi on eBay (easier for Canadians)
Just wanted to mention from a fellow Canadian that a week ago I bought my K3 via Amazon with no problems whatsoever. Placed my order Monday morning and it was in my hands by Wednesday evening. (It was shipped from the eastern US to the Greater Vancouver area.)

Hrynkiw
hrynkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Contrats the K3 is a great eReader
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote