Notices

Old 05-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Illiad from the technology point of view

Hi,

Do you also think that it would be a good idea to collect all available information about the Illiad hard- and software?

My questions so far:

* What operating system does it use? Where does it come from? Does it possess a shell which can be accessed in some way?
* Is the whole screen refreshed or only the updated parts of it?
* What kind of touchscreen is used?
* What kind of wireless encryption can be used?
* USB connection: What kind of USB controller is used? USB host?
* CF slot: Are mircodrives supported?
* Does it include a speaker for basic audio feedback?
* Will a development suite be released for third party developers?
* Will a IDS server be released for personal use?
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Good idea, I was thinking of filling the iRex iLiad section on the new Wiki. Maybe you want to jump in? E.g.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/index.php...ad&action=edit

The matrix page could prove useful here too:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I'd be happy if you guys can chum up with the Wiki.

It's still new, but I've received some favorable comments and I think together we will turn it quickly into an excellent e-book resource.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
I join to the questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2
* What operating system does it use? Where does it come from? Does it possess a shell which can be accessed in some way?
* What kind of wireless encryption can be used?
* Will a development suite be released for third party developers?
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Developer suite or something like that will (if they keep their promise) be available. I think they targeted July for that, but I'm not sure.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #6
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Post Just edited the Iliad page

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
Good idea, I was thinking of filling the iRex iLiad section on the new Wiki. Maybe you want to jump in? E.g.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/index.php...ad&action=edit
FYI, just edited the Iliad page. Please, can someone check that I didn't make any errors O:-)? Thanks ;-).

Check it here:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/index.php?title=IRex_iLiad

Last edited by Antartica; 06-29-2006 at 02:31 AM. Reason: URL (again)
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:30 AM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I just checked the entry and aded a little info. I also corrected a few grammatical errors.
Thanks for putting this together antarctica.

btw. why does your link take me to spiegel online???
Old 06-29-2006, 02:30 AM   #8
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I just checked the entry and aded a little info. I also corrected a few grammatical errors.
Thanks for putting this together antarctica.
Thanks for the corrections :-)

Quote:
btw. why does your link take me to spiegel online???
Ups! There was a typo in my link (http://http://... doesn't make sense for most browsers -- I don't know why yours redirected you to spiegel online :-? ). Fixed :-).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:54 AM   #9
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Got an Email from iRexShop today which stated that 2GB cards are supported. They didnt know about 4GB and are passing the question to the tech team. I'll let you know, when they get back to me.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:58 AM   #10
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
darn, just when I had ordered my 2 1gb cards.

I have had a fiddle with the wiki, to make it a bit more readble and add further information that had been missed.

Last edited by Riocaz; 06-29-2006 at 05:33 AM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:26 AM   #11
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

yep that sounds a lot better Riocaz...rule britannia!

I have to find a way to spend some time in England again soon to freshen up my english...maybe I'll manage to do that later this summer...
Old 06-29-2006, 07:44 AM   #12
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad you approve.

If you come to London, we will have to meet up so I can buy you a drink or 3

--edit--

I have got to stop fiddling with that wiki....

I think I have added everything now. Someone please read through it and see if I have missed anything or made any glaring errors.

Last edited by Riocaz; 06-29-2006 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:01 AM   #13
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I edited one line slightly and I haven an objection...don't know whether i'm right thoug...

FinaliSed or FinaliZed?

I thought it's supposed to be a Z not an S but left it as it is because I'm german and Riocaz (I'll be sure to let you know if I come to London) "should" know better than me...^^
Old 06-29-2006, 09:16 AM   #14
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Quote:
I edited one line slightly and I haven an objection...don't know whether i'm right thoug...

FinaliSed or FinaliZed?

I thought it's supposed to be a Z not an S but left it as it is because I'm german and Riocaz (I'll be sure to let you know if I come to London) "should" know better than me...^^
S in the UK
Z in the USA

Two countries, divided by a common language...
(I am also German, have lived in the UK and now live in the good ole US of A)
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:37 AM   #15
Riocaz

Yup...

But either is considered valid nowadays in the UK. In fact I seem to remember that kids are now being taught the z version in schools now because the American spellings are so commonplace.

If you look at the history (and the number of edits I made this morning), a good half of those are correcting my own typos and spelling mistakes. So if anyone finds ones I missed, please feel free to castigate me. I know better and deserve it

Last edited by Riocaz; 06-29-2006 at 09:49 AM.