Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-15-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
mag_dex
mag_dex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Pocket and Kindle: how to send new books as Magazines (with grouped Issues)?

Hi,

I would like to keep all send books made with Calibre (taken from Pocket) to be send as next Issues of a magazine.

It seems that sometime my new books go like next issues, and sometimes they are seen as an independent book.

Do you know how to define and edit meta-data to make sure that my books will go always as new issues (and for example, I could keep only 5 last issues).

It will help me to keep limited number of Issues at the Kindle.

Thanks for the help in advance. I'm also open for any suggestion where to google to find a solution to my problem.
mag_dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are sending them by email, then they will have the special periodical formatting stripped by amazon. Send them by usb cable only.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #3
mag_dex
mag_dex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Oh, yeah! You are right. Now it makes sense. I saw on my Kindle that some of the issues were grouped as Magazine.. and some weren't. Now I see why! Great! Worked as you said! Thanks!

BTW, take a look at my version of the plugin, you might find it useful https://github.com/m4rx9/Pocket-Calibre-Plugin
mag_dex is offline   Reply With Quote