Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #16
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
but it seems like an awkward design choice...
Awkward perhaps, but the only one that makes sense in the absence of a physical switch, given the use case that I described.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #17
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I seem to remember that the Sony PRS-500 or perhaps the 505 had a hack to reverse black and white but it didn't look good at all.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
Mike Hunt
Mike Hunt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I absolutely prefer white on black on LCD. Eink is an entirely different animal. I've tried white on bkack on eink because I have a jailbroken kindle and a 3rd party program that can invert the colors. It does not look good. Maybe because it's not white on black but light grey on dark grey. At any rate, it's not any easier on the eyes.
Could you share the name of that 3rd party program? Where can I find it? Does it work for all books on the device or just specific side-loaded books?

TIA,
Mike Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I find white text on a black background to be very hard to read. I always change the default color setting for a DOS window on Windows.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #20
Parody
Parody began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Transformer Infinity
I use white text on black on my phone (in Aldiko), standard coloring on my Kindle, and document defined/black on white everywhere else (usually PDFs on my tablet).

I'd like to try the light-warm-gray on dark-gray which is the default text colors in the Zenburn color scheme I use in text editors and command prompts, but there isn't a dark enough gray in Aldiko's color selections. :(
Parody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #21
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Use whatever makes you feel better. On my KFHD7-32 I use White text on a Black background. On my PW I use the light at 22 of 24 maximum in all ambient light conditions to give the background a pure white image.

Others use different combinations. On my AcroBible for the KFHD7-32 I like their multicolor combinations and use that.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #22
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I seem to remember that the Sony PRS-500 or perhaps the 505 had a hack to reverse black and white but it didn't look good at all.
Here is a pic of the ghosting on a Sony Reader 500. It came from this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=73267
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT5192%20(Medium).JPG
Views:	355
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	99443  
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote