Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #226
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
how to margins

can everyone give me step by step how to get the margins match working and adding what line to config.txt and the patch's configuration file to get no/0 pdf margins.Because i dont know what i am doing wrong.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #227
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
patch

If I install or...try to install the patch now, will I be able to upgrade later o2.0 version??
thanks
ninki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #228
ninki
Connoisseur

margins patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
INSTALLATION: copy the attached file "ixtab_margins-5.1.0.zip" directly to your Kindle's opt/jbpatch folder (do NOT unzip the file!), and add the corresponding entry to CONFIG.TXT.
CONFIGURATION:
With the default configuration, this patch does not change anything at all. To change the behavior, you have to modify the file "ixtab-patch-margins.txt" inside the zipped file. After editing, make sure that you re-zip the patch correctly, then restart your Kindle.
dumb question probably... how do I "add the corresponding entry to CONFIG.TXT." and where exactly do i modify the file "ixtab-patch-margins.txt"
thanks for the patience
Old 06-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #229
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Edit the config.txt in opt/jbpatch folder with i.e. notepad++. Look how the other patches are mentioned, you do not need the description, just a new line withe the name of the patch.

For the margins there is a txt file in the zip folder, extract, modify as described and save back to the zip.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #230
ninki
Connoisseur

Thank you
I think i managed to do it right, iam impressed
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #231
sdrs
sdrs began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE TOUCH
Password-protect function make Kindle restart.

Dear ixtab , After I installed the plungin . I add the password to a folder .But we I am reading the book ,Kindle became very slow until it restart by itself .After I remove the password protection ,It became normal.
sdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #232
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrs View Post
Dear ixtab , After I installed the plungin . I add the password to a folder .But we I am reading the book ,Kindle became very slow until it restart by itself .After I remove the password protection ,It became normal.
Hmm... that's weird. Can you narrow this down, perhaps by providing the output of "showlog" (ideally with "debugOn.sh" done previously)? Thanks!

PS@all: JBPatch 2.0 is still in the works. The addition of the UI simply requires a lot of additional effort and loads of testing; combined with the fact that I'm currently short on free time, this results in... rather slow progress.

Last edited by ixtab; 06-28-2012 at 08:26 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #233
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another status update for the upcoming version:

- full localization is now correctly working
- much (not all) of the UI functioning and looking pretty good IMO
- configuration via UI still TBD

A few screenshots are attached. The wild mixture of english, german, and some other things is (was) intended -- and not all of it really makes sense, but that's intentional, because I want to test some features.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-06-29T10_38_43-0000.gif
Views:	346
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	88461   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-06-29T10_40_35-0000.gif
Views:	343
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	88462   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-06-29T10_37_56-0000.gif
Views:	305
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	88463  
Old 06-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #234
MaPePeR
Connoisseur
MaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughing

Device: KT
I assume your configuration application is a "native" Java Application.
Is there a reference card how to program GUIs for the Kindle Touch?
I wanted to play a bit with jbpatcher, but you said I should wait for the "new" version... how long will it take before you release something?
I'm looking forward to see some sourcecode.

Schöne Grüße
Matthias
MaPePeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #235
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPePeR View Post
I assume your configuration application is a "native" Java Application.
Is there a reference card how to program GUIs for the Kindle Touch?
I wanted to play a bit with jbpatcher, but you said I should wait for the "new" version... how long will it take before you release something?

Schöne Grüße
Matthias
Hallo Matthias,

you may be confusing two unrelated things here...

GUI programming for the Kindle Touch is pretty much the same as GUI programming for any other JVM. All Java constructs work, and pretty much all of the AWT and Swing classes of Java 1.4 are available as well now.

The jbpatch framework is an entirely different thing, and (at its core) is at a much deeper level. It's really all about understanding and modifying machine language. And It is most definitely NOT a tool to look at the Java UI only. You really, really, want to have some reverse engineering practice before you start with jbpatch.

I'm currently not releasing the newest jbpatch changes, for the simple reason that they are currently just breaking everything. There is a lot of reorganization going around, literally breaking pretty much all classes right now. They will eventually be reconciled, and the code will be committed. But at the moment, it's really a suicide commando.

That said, you are of course more than welcome to download the latest sources, and to experiment with them. Rest assured that v2 only impacts the "looks" of the patches, but not their "works". So far, I haven't changed a single line of the actual patch functionality.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #236
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPePeR View Post

Schöne Grüße
Matthias
First post of the thread, near the bottom of the page.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #237
ixtab
(offline)

Oh well, I just committed everything in its imperfect glory:

https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/jbpatcher/src/master/src

If you wanna try it, go ahead... but you're on your own.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #238
Dr.Frankenstein
Dr.Frankenstein began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
ksonoads only working half the way

Hi,

I am trying to remove the ads on my 5.1.0 FW Kindle Touch.

I tries a lot manually, then I got the hint trying you extension.

The banner gets removed quite OK, but when I press the power button, no screensaver gets shown, the screen just stays at it was.

I guess your patch basically deletes the /var/local/adunits folder.

I tries this manually before with the same result. Do you have an idea, where the system would like to pull the PNG for the screensaver from, once the adunits directory is gone. I have the feeling, this one is missing somehow...

Thanks,

Frank
Dr.Frankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #239
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Any reason you re-posted in this thread?
Sorry, dumb question, GM sent you here.

Last edited by knc1; 06-30-2012 at 04:13 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #240
Dr.Frankenstein
Dr.Frankenstein began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yes,

I posted it in both places, because I assume ixtab has it working - otherwise he would not have posted the patch. So he might have another trick up his sleeve how he switches off the ads using his patch.

If he can tell me how to get his patch working - great. I do not really care how he does it -even though I would like to know.

I am not assuming he is reading all threads - the other one is clearly about how to do it by changing directories. Two different ways to do it - both don't work for me. And I have been reading a lot on this topic prior to posting.

And if a get an answer, I will most likely again post it in both threads, because people might end up having the same problem and miss the solution if the would only stumble over the other thread.

Frank
Dr.Frankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks