Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Kobo books needs to improve customer service response

12 days so far and no meaningful response after I bought a book and the file it downloads is a different book. Only response to date is that they were bumping it to level 2 support and that was 10 days ago. This isn't a complex issue or something that should take them more than 2 minutes to check and fix (preferred) or give me my money back.
I bought the Lonely Planets Ireland guide using the WIFI on my wireless Kobo. The cover was showing Sydney, but since the title was right and the book description was right I wasn't really concerned (figured it was just a wrong link to the cover). Except that after I bought it and it downloaded it was the Sydney guide after all. It shouldn't be that difficult to fix this or if the publisher screwed up got the wrong file and they had to go back to the publisher get the correct one at least tell me that. This isn't a complex issue involving firmware code or I'd be willing to cut them some slack time wise (in fact I have a minor issue with newspapers that also has a support ticket that I won't rant about even though it's been in longer).
Actually on the other support ticket I do have to rant about the fact that when I got the original response to it my first thought was that it was a response generated by computer. It was a stock answer that was vaguely related to my concern, but didn't actually address my concern at all (and I had explained it in detail).

PLEASE KOBO, get your support act together!! I love my Kobos (orig and wifi) and I want Kobo to be here for the long term but customer service like this on simple issues going to drive people away.
Robert
And by the way, the book is still on the website with the same picture (and I'm assuming file) so I don't have a lot of confidence that it is even being looked at.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Yeah, it's definitely slow, and really depends on who picks up your ticket. I wanted a refund for a book I bought, which I meant to download for free with a coupon code. After week or so I wasn't getting anywhere, but voiced my concerns with another agent who was very much on the ball and settled everything more or less immediately.
Canorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
12 days so far and no meaningful response after I bought a book and the file it downloads is a different book. Only response to date is that they were bumping it to level 2 support and that was 10 days ago. This isn't a complex issue or something that should take them more than 2 minutes to check and fix (preferred) or give me my money back.
I bought the Lonely Planets Ireland guide using the WIFI on my wireless Kobo. The cover was showing Sydney, but since the title was right and the book description was right I wasn't really concerned (figured it was just a wrong link to the cover). Except that after I bought it and it downloaded it was the Sydney guide after all. It shouldn't be that difficult to fix this or if the publisher screwed up got the wrong file and they had to go back to the publisher get the correct one at least tell me that. This isn't a complex issue involving firmware code or I'd be willing to cut them some slack time wise (in fact I have a minor issue with newspapers that also has a support ticket that I won't rant about even though it's been in longer).
Actually on the other support ticket I do have to rant about the fact that when I got the original response to it my first thought was that it was a response generated by computer. It was a stock answer that was vaguely related to my concern, but didn't actually address my concern at all (and I had explained it in detail).

PLEASE KOBO, get your support act together!! I love my Kobos (orig and wifi) and I want Kobo to be here for the long term but customer service like this on simple issues going to drive people away.
Robert
And by the way, the book is still on the website with the same picture (and I'm assuming file) so I don't have a lot of confidence that it is even being looked at.
Have you tried calling? I've had the same problem with a computer generated response a while back from "George" at Kobo.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Have you tried calling? I've had the same problem with a computer generated response a while back from "George" at Kobo.
I got credit back today (possibly thanks to help from another helpful member here with contacts who was going to nudge someone at Kobo). Yes I could have called and if it was a serious issue (i.e. my Kobo was dead) I would have. In this case it was a pretty straight forward and clear cut request so spending 30 seconds typing a request was easier than calling in the first place. I'm willing to cut them some slack since it's still a relatively new company dealing with success beyond their wildest imagination (or maybe beyond their wildest nightmare at this point ), but 13 days after the issue, 11 days after saying it was going to be escalated, 3 days after I tried to get their attention by adding a comment to the support ticket finally getting a resolution on something simple is way too long IMHO.

Last edited by robko; 11-18-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Clarity
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I got credit back today (possibly thanks to help from another helpful member here with contacts who nudged someone at Kobo). Yes I could have called and if it was a serious issue (i.e. my Kobo was dead) I would have. In this case it was a pretty straight forward and clear cut request so spending 30 seconds typing a request was easier than calling in the first place. I'm willing to cut them some slack since it's still a relatively new company dealing with success beyond their wildest imagination (or maybe beyond their wildest nightmare at this point ), but 13 days after the issue, 11 days after saying it was going to be escalated, 3 days after I tried to get their attention by adding a comment to the support ticket finally getting a resolution on something simple is way too long IMHO.
At least it's been taken care of now. Happy ereading!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert