Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 05:03 AM   #886
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklenatlus View Post
Hi guys, I have a KA1 and I noticed this strange thing: under the last line my KA1 shows a series of dots. The book is an epub converted in kepub via calibre. There's a way to fix this?
Thanks in advance
Kepub doesn't like small line heights. You'll need to increase the line height.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:41 AM   #887
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Two problems with software 4.4.9344, including a reintroduction of a problem that was fixed many versions back:

1) Highlighting often doesn't work. I used to have this problem many releases back (+2 years ago). Damn frustrating. Takes 2-5 tries to get something to highlight -- I select the text, press 'highlight' and the underline simply disappears.

2) The light doesn't turn off automatically when putting the device to sleep.

Hope these can be addressed.
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:43 AM   #888
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmbrain View Post
Two problems with software 4.4.9344, including a reintroduction of a problem that was fixed many versions back:

1) Highlighting often doesn't work. I used to have this problem many releases back (+2 years ago). Damn frustrating. Takes 2-5 tries to get something to highlight -- I select the text, press 'highlight' and the underline simply disappears.

2) The light doesn't turn off automatically when putting the device to sleep.

Hope these can be addressed.
1. Same firmware and I don't have an issue highlighting.

2. When you put the device to sleep with the light on, the light will still be on when you wake the device. That's not a bug.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #889
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
2. When you put the device to sleep with the light on, the light will still be on when you wake the device. That's not a bug.
I did had that bug with some previous firmwares on my Glo. I am using the sleep cover but I could see peeking under the cover that light not always was turned off. I haven't seen it yet on the latest firmware
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #890
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
I did had that bug with some previous firmwares on my Glo. I am using the sleep cover but I could see peeking under the cover that light not always was turned off. I haven't seen it yet on the latest firmware
Indeed. I noticed it yesterday. Actually the light stays on even if you put your reader into sleep mode by the power button. I have a Kobo Aura.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #891
mamibe
mamibe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Pocket Sync not working

I got a Kobo Glo HD (Firmware: 4.4.9344, very recent), I have a valid Pocket account with some articles in it, I connect Wifi, setup the account in "Settings", hit "Sync now", go to "My Articles" and get "Please wait while we sync your articles". I wait for 10 minutes but my articles don't appear, half an hour later I still see the same message. I log out from Pocket, enter my login details again, do another sync – and get the same endless message. Seems to be broken.
mamibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:05 PM   #892
igor101
igor101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamibe View Post
I got a Kobo Glo HD (Firmware: 4.4.9344, very recent), I have a valid Pocket account with some articles in it, I connect Wifi, setup the account in "Settings", hit "Sync now", go to "My Articles" and get "Please wait while we sync your articles". I wait for 10 minutes but my articles don't appear, half an hour later I still see the same message. I log out from Pocket, enter my login details again, do another sync – and get the same endless message. Seems to be broken.
I have a similar problem on Kobo Touch (1st gen) since an upgrade to 4.4.9344 as it does not show any new content when uploaded. I use Calibre to upload the books and I can see epub files copied to the reader when I mount it. However, the reader won't show any new books in "My Books". I didn't figure out what's up yet.

Update: it seems a corrupted database during the firmware upgrade. Singing out and back in to my Kobo account fixed the problem.

Last edited by igor101; 05-30-2017 at 09:33 PM.
igor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:20 AM   #893
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by igor101 View Post
Update: it seems a corrupted database during the firmware upgrade. Singing out and back in to my Kobo account fixed the problem.
Haven't tried that remedy yet. Does your account have a favorite tune?

Along similar lines, am I the only one who thinks of Kobo's new reader as the Aura Peroxide?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:34 PM   #894
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Along similar lines, am I the only one who thinks of Kobo's new reader as the Aura Peroxide?
Nope.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #895
DorianaGraye
DorianaGraye began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
Indeed. I noticed it yesterday. Actually the light stays on even if you put your reader into sleep mode by the power button. I have a Kobo Aura.
Yep. I have the same problem. Also, every time I wake my Kobo Aura One up, the glowlight turns on to 1%. (I have both the auto adjustments for the glowlight and the natural lighting turned off.)

I literally just got this thing two days ago and I'm already considering returning it. :/
DorianaGraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #896
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianaGraye View Post
Yep. I have the same problem. Also, every time I wake my Kobo Aura One up, the glowlight turns on to 1%. (I have both the auto adjustments for the glowlight and the natural lighting turned off.)

I literally just got this thing two days ago and I'm already considering returning it. :/
It's a firmware issue. Kobo will fix this in a new firmware. When that is, I cannot say.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:04 PM   #897
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
My KA1 is on fw 4.4.9349, using a 3rd-party sleepcover. So far, I haven't seen any problems at all with the light being on/off when it shouldn't be. It works both when I use the sleepcover and when I sleep via the blue button.

I must be doing something right, but I've no idea what that might be.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:26 AM   #898
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
1. Same firmware and I don't have an issue highlighting.

Maybe I didn't express it properly -- up until this release, if I hit the power switch to put the device to sleep, the light would turn off after a few seconds. Yes, it would come on again after waking up, as expected. But now, when I put the device to sleep, the light never turns off.
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:58 AM   #899
sb1370
Enthusiast
sb1370 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
In pre 4 firmware, you could lookup a word in the dictionary definition. It is not possible in the new firmware.
sb1370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:19 AM   #900
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1370 View Post
In pre 4 firmware, you could lookup a word in the dictionary definition. It is not possible in the new firmware.
Use the search. Tap the drop-down for where to search and select "Dictionary".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app