Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
mh3f
mh3f began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle Keyboard 3 3G/WiFi Won't Boot

I found a Kindle 3, model d00901, with a broken screen in the e-waste bin at work. I took it home and replaced the screen and battery. Unfortunately, those weren't the only issues. It's currently stuck at "Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up".

I can get to the reset screen by holding the power for 30+ seconds and then pressing Home. I can type at this screen, but pressing DEL or RESET does nothing but go to the "Please wait..." screen indefinitely.

I ran the Kubrick program on it, but it didn't seem to fix it. When it copies the main partition, it completes in 10 seconds while it indicates it may take one to three hours.

I suspect the nv memory may be corrupt. This is the output of the serial port after doing a hard reboot.

Any thoughts on how to get this working again?

Code:
mmcblk0: error -110 sending status comand<3>mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/wr0
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 556611                              
EXT3-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): ext3_get_inode_loc: unable to read inode bloc1
INIT: cannot execute "/sbin/getty"                                              
mmcblk0: error -110 sending status comand<3>mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/wr0
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 556610                              
EXT3-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): ext3_get_inode_loc: unable to read inode bloc1
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 556610                              
INIT: cannot ex˒V�.]'HYZ�X,[Y��for 5 minutes                                    
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel
mh3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Did you charge it for at least 24 hours?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
mh3f
mh3f began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Did you charge it for at least 24 hours?
Yeah, I did. Forgot to mention.
mh3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Put it back in the e-bin.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote