Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-04-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Need help getting started with gtk

Hi!

I am just starting to learn c++.
I used the developer vmware image to setup a dev environment.
I started scratchbox and i compiles fine.
i can get the busy led to flash and the screen to refresh and the pagebar to show the pagenumber i want.

What i want to do is paint anythin i want on the screen. But i have not really a clue on how to do that.

I was trying to include <gtk/gtk.h>, but it doesn't find the library. There are gtk 1.2 and 2.0 installed in the scratchbox environment. How do i get them to be included, when i compile the program?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

ok, i hvae just simply made a symbolic link from "gtk" to "gtk-2.0/gtk". Now the program complies. But i get an error on the iliad:

./myprogram: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I thought the gtk libraries were installed on the iliad? What do i have to do to make my program load them correctly?
Advert
Old 06-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Only some of GTK is installed on the iLiad.

You'll may also find GTK frustrating to work with since it generally runs its own event loop processor making it difficult to properly refresh the iLiad's screen at the right times.

You might find the learning curve for Java to be less steep.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
Only some of GTK is installed on the iLiad.

You'll may also find GTK frustrating to work with since it generally runs its own event loop processor making it difficult to properly refresh the iLiad's screen at the right times.

You might find the learning curve for Java to be less steep.
Hehe, you might be right. I have done some Java programming before and that was quite easy. But since the JVM seems to be quite castrated, i didnt even want to bother. On the other hand, i might give it a try, because so far, i havent gotten anywhere.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Hehe, you might be right. I have done some Java programming before and that was quite easy. But since the JVM seems to be quite castrated, i didnt even want to bother. On the other hand, i might give it a try, because so far, i havent gotten anywhere.
You pays your money and you takes your choice: castrated GTK or castrated Java. :behead:

At least you can run the Java on your PC before sending it to the iLiad.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert