Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratzzo View Post
Hi,

it ist not possible to oder outside canada:
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/Intern...ome&ArtType=RS
"Everything on our site can be shipped to international destinations EXCEPT electronics iPODS, DVD Players, etc.). "

Bratzzo
Thanks for the info, Bratzzo

@Chapters/Indigo/Kobo (one of the same I suppose)
I can understand Apple wants to protect their franchisers and DVD players have regions but why ereaders!!!!
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #77
DannyElfman
Groupie
DannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung E60
Thanks JCSullivan for the epub test !

Now, I'm gonna contact Indigo folks to see if they can do something about it....
DannyElfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:22 AM   #78
DannyElfman
Groupie
DannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enough

Question submitted to Indigo !
Old 05-05-2010, 07:46 AM   #79
juiceless
Enthusiast
juiceless began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSullivan View Post
Thanks for the info, Bratzzo

@Chapters/Indigo/Kobo (one of the same I suppose)
I can understand Apple wants to protect their franchisers and DVD players have regions but why ereaders!!!!
I can think of two reasons:

1) Breakage. It is expensive for these companies to absorb the cost of electronics damaged in transit.

2) Encryption. There are a lot of laws about shipping products with certain levels of encryption overseas. Most electronic devices nowadays include strong encryption software/hardware, which make it more challenging to ship overseas.
juiceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #80
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyElfman View Post
An important question for European folks like me. Is it possible to order from Indigo to France (or another country in Europe ? ).

I've read in a French blog that one can create a user on Indigo website, add a KoBo to its cart, confirm the shipping address, and validate the order. But a message is sent later saying the delivery cannot be done to Europe.

Do you have any information about this problem ?

Thanks (and sorry for my English ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratzzo View Post
Hi,

it ist not possible to oder outside canada:
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/Intern...ome&ArtType=RS
"Everything on our site can be shipped to international destinations EXCEPT electronics iPODS, DVD Players, etc.). "

Bratzzo
I live in the US and was able to order a Kobo reader. It was shipped last week and might even arrive today. Don't know if Europeans can order but contact their customer service to find out.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #81
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Am I understanding this correctly?? Is it possible to buy books from places like sony and B&N which have 2 completely different drm's and be able to read both of those on the Kobo without stripping the drm?? If this is possible then I will buy one. The other question I have is how likely is it that there will be an update for folders or collections??
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #82
bamelin
Enthusiast
bamelin began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
Am I understanding this correctly?? Is it possible to buy books from places like sony and B&N which have 2 completely different drm's and be able to read both of those on the Kobo without stripping the drm?? If this is possible then I will buy one. The other question I have is how likely is it that there will be an update for folders or collections??
Yes I believe so. You can load Sony and B&N books through ADE. I haven't tried this yet but I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.
bamelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #83
addepalli1
addepalli1 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY READER PRS 500, Kindle DX
Guys i am undecided b/w kobo and sony PRS 300, pocket editon.
Tiger direct and sony both offer it for 129$ with free shipping. Which one would you suggest.
addepalli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #84
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by addepalli1 View Post
Tiger direct and sony both offer it for 129$ with free shipping. Which one would you suggest.
You mean $179, right?
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #85
bamelin
Enthusiast
bamelin began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addepalli1 View Post
The pocket edition is smaller (5 inch screen as opposed to Kobo's 6 inch) but it does support more formats.

Personally I'd go with the 6 inch Kobo ... screen real estate is important in a purchase like this.
bamelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #86
Turt99
Connoisseur
Turt99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I was looking at these 2 options and went with the Kobo because of the screen size and the option for an SD card. It starts with twice as much memory plus it lets you expand it.
Turt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #87
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
I agree. I opted for the Kobo with its 6" screen and SD card slot. I also like the 5 font sizes. But I'm disappointed with the foreign font support....
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #88
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I live in the US and was able to order a Kobo reader. It was shipped last week and might even arrive today. Don't know if Europeans can order but contact their customer service to find out.
today I tried to order the black one. Because my german adress it was not possible to order:

Quote:
!
We need you to correct or provide more information.

Please note the following:

* US and International Shipping Restrictions - eReading devices are not eligible for shipping to a US or international address. Please choose or enter a Canadian address for your order.

Bratzzo
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #89
DannyElfman
Groupie

Well, no KoBo for me ! I got the answer from Indigo Team (pretty fast actually !)

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Chapters Indigo Online regarding shipping eReaders internationally.

While we at Chapters Indigo Online strive to make specific items available to ship to our customers in selected international countries, the Kobo eReader does not qualify to ship outside of Canada and we do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Our customers that live outside of Canada and would like to ship the Kobo eReader to a Canadian address would be able to do so.

In the US, Borders will have the eReader available later this summer. In the next few months, the device will be available in Australia and New Zealand at such book retailers as Borders, Whitcoulls, and Angus & Robertson, both in store and online (price to be announced shortly).

We hope to make our eReader available in other countries in the future but we don't yet have an exact date for this development.

Click on this link to check for updates on this issue in the next few months:
Where To Buy

Again we do apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. If you require any additional assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Chapters Indigo Online. Books, Music, Movies and More.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #90
addepalli1
addepalli1 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY READER PRS 500, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
You mean $179, right?

Tiger Direct has it for 129 Sony for 149

Sony PRS-300SC Reader Pocket Edition Silver » for $129.99 at Tigerdirect.com
List Price: $179.99 Exp: 05/08/2010
The Sony PRS-300SC Pocket Edition E-Book Reader allows readers to access up to 350 of their favorite books from anywhere. The Reader Pocket Edition offers a convenient, on-the-go reading experience. Its elegant, lightweight design is small enough to slip into a purse or jacket pocket, and features a 5� display with E Ink� Vizplex� paper-like screen technology for easy reading, even in direct sunlight. The Reader Pocket Edition also supports multiple file formats including ePub and PDF, giving owners access to more books from more places, including The eBook Store from Sony with more than one million free public domain titles from Google Books.

How to get this deal:

1. Click here to go to Tigerdirect.com
2. Add to Shopping cart for $149.99
3. At Checkout Apply $20off Coupon Code: UWH1900 [Exp. 05/08/2010]
4. Final Price: $149.99 - $20 = $129.99 + $1.99 Shipping + No Tax (Except FL, IL, and NC)
addepalli1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo