Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #121
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Good idea. Should not Android 6 be multiwindow?
Double page for a PDF file: you can use Librera.
Different PDF files side by side, there should be an Android function for the user.
I have two Android 6 devices. One has multiwindow, the other doesn't. However, there are apps that do a "multiwindow" or "floating window" functions. I'm not sure if they would be good for eink screen.

In EU, it's convenient to order Max2 Pro here https://ereader-store.de/en/83-onyx-boox-max2-pro-.html
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #122
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Someone posted a video of a new 8" Onyx ereader in a forum in spanish
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2017, 09:00 AM   #123
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Someone posted a video of a new 8" Onyx ereader in a forum in spanish
It's fine to just share the video from notebook italia.

https://youtu.be/T71CF1L1h_k
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:01 AM   #124
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreras View Post
What do you think about it? I find its glaring screen will bother a lot.

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2017, 10:15 AM   #125
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:

Exciting. Quad core. Android 6.

Hopefully, it will also be compatible with a stylus. It is a good portable size for taking quick notes.

It would be nice to see a micro SD card slot as well.

And maybe a light?

Looking forward to seeing this product and the Onyx Note come out.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #126
Novantix
Novantix began at the beginning.

Device: onyx max carta, onyx max carta pro 2, kobo aura one
Where can I buy the 64gb or 128gb versions of the max carta pro 2?

It seems I only have the option to purchase this so far:
https://ereader.store/en/13-3-inch-s...sional-23.html
https://ereader-store.de/en/83-onyx-boox-max2-pro-.html
Novantix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:31 PM   #127
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
What do you think about it? I find its glaring screen will bother a lot.
Looks more like a protective foil. I don't think the end product will have a glare screen.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:50 PM   #128
oranges
Enthusiast
oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Onyx Boox N96 & Max2
I don't think they will be offering the higher memory models till later. i went ahead and preordered the 32 GB

my ebook library is all on dropbox, so if the device has around 15 - 20 gb free after OS install, that is more than enough for me.

i still do wish they had the microSD though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novantix View Post
Where can I buy the 64gb or 128gb versions of the max carta pro 2?

It seems I only have the option to purchase this so far:
https://ereader.store/en/13-3-inch-s...sional-23.html
https://ereader-store.de/en/83-onyx-boox-max2-pro-.html
oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:10 AM   #129
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Judging by the MAX2 units already out in the wild, would you say that light reflection/glare is on a par with the MAX1 model? Or is it more? It looks to me that both do reflect light/ have hotspots, but nothing terrible.
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #130
Novantix
Novantix began at the beginning.

Device: onyx max carta, onyx max carta pro 2, kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2011 View Post
It looks to me that both do reflect light/ have hotspots, but nothing terrible.
Mind informing me what the term “hotspots” are? I’m new to the forums and terminologies thanks.
Novantix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:13 AM   #131
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novantix View Post
Mind informing me what the term “hotspots” are? I’m new to the forums and terminologies thanks.
I believe "hotspots" means areas that are a bit brighter than other areas.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:14 PM   #132
nneo
nneo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Book T76ML Carta+
Quote:

I think the glass going to glare under daylight
nneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:32 AM   #133
viceant
Addict

Aside, where is that video from? It's intriguing she shows a spanish ebook.

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2017, 10:44 PM   #134
KindleMeAndrey
Enthusiast
KindleMeAndrey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
Here's a translation someone posted of a Boox Max 2 to Sony DPT-RP1 comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_hA_cwoW8A

The stylus on the Max2 looks responsive, fine and accurate. I assume the tech will be the same on the e-Note. It looks like there are several modes—some for fast refresh and some for better detail. So far it looks promising.
KindleMeAndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:04 AM   #135
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I would be a little careful jumping to that conclusion. Onyx has so far used Hanvon digitizers but in the Max 2 they went with Wacom. Those are more expensive and it might very well have been a temporary solution while Hanvon is trying to finish up a new generation. Pure speculation from my side but until we see Wacom in more devices from Onyx prudence is recommended.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote