Notices

Old 09-09-2015, 03:53 AM   #1
qee4q
Enthusiast
qee4q began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura
Kobo Aura wakes up by itself

Hi

My kobo aura often wakes up from sleep when i carry it around in my hand. I never turns on when it's just lying on the table.

I know for a fact that it doesn't turn on because I flick the red button (obviously this works as it should). The kobo must somehow react the touch of my fingers on the screen. I have experimented with all sorts of gentle and hard strokes on screen and tapping etc. but I can't wake it up intentionally - only by accident.

Have you experienced this - and do you know what to do?
qee4q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:52 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Are you using a case or anything with a magnet in your bag when you’re carrying it? it could be seeing that and thinking you’ve opened the case and turning on. That’s easy to disable in the settings, I’ve had to do that with my H2O as the case cover moves enough that sometimes it turns itself on while being carried.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2015, 05:55 AM   #3
qee4q
Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion, but no - I'm not using a case.

I'm not carrying it in a bag either. I just wakes up when I for instance want to carry it in my hand from the table besides my bed to my sofa in my living room.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:31 AM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Afraid in that case I have no ideas
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:52 AM   #5
qee4q
Enthusiast

Ok - but thx!
Advert
Old 09-10-2015, 06:25 AM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
You have to turn off the setting that tells the cover to wake/sleep the device. As I recall, my Aura did the same thing when it was not in a cover.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:07 AM   #7
qee4q
Enthusiast

Thanks - I'll try that :-)
Old 09-20-2015, 08:02 AM   #8
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
You have to turn off the setting that tells the cover to wake/sleep the device. As I recall, my Aura did the same thing when it was not in a cover.
If that works, I wonder if it is a static electricity thing. Walking might create enough of a field near the magnetic switch to activate the unit. Interesting...
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
qee4q
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
If that works, I wonder if it is a static electricity thing. Walking might create enough of a field near the magnetic switch to activate the unit. Interesting...
I haven't experienced the problem since I tried the suggested solution. :-)