Notices

Old 06-30-2023, 09:58 AM   #1
w00dent0p
Connoisseur
w00dent0p began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Smarten Punctuation of metadata

Hi,

Is there any option to widen the scope of the Smarten Punctuation function, to include metadata?

The (very minor) issue I'm observing is that even though all the books in my library have been smartened, when I create an EPUB catalogue of my library, this catalogue itself fails the punctuation quality check, because of unsmartened text in metadata fields (titles and comments only, I think) of some books.

Thanks.
w00dent0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 10:33 AM   #2
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I usually edit the resulting catalog epub and 'smarten' that since that seems to be built from the metadata in the database
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 12:15 PM   #3
w00dent0p
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
I usually edit the resulting catalog epub and 'smarten' that since that seems to be built from the metadata in the database
Right, but I was hoping that if Calibre could fix the original metadata instead, we wouldn't have to keep re-smartening the same metadata in the catalog, every time the catalog is updated.
Old 06-30-2023, 12:44 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Have you Smartened the Book after embedding the metadata?
Simply select the book: open the MDE: select the format that was smartened: Click the icon to the LOWER left. That sets Calibre from the book
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 04:40 PM   #5
w00dent0p
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have you Smartened the Book after embedding the metadata?
Yes, I think so.

And as another check, I've now gone back to a couple of books where the metadata 'comments' field (as imported into the EPUB catalog) contained unsmartened punctuation, and run 'smarten punctuation' again. No punctuation that could be smartened was found.

So it seems to me that smarten punctuation doesn't get applied to metadata.