Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-17-2023, 07:21 PM   #1
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Unmoveable files

Hello,

I mistyped the extension of a new file. I typed xthml instead of xhtml.
Once it was created, it was moved into the Miscellaneous section.
I fixed the typing error, but the file still remained in Miscellaneous. I then ran the Arrange into folders function, but the file still refused to move.

Is this expected?

A separate question, the Arrange into folders function can sort audio and video files into folders, but these are displayed under Miscellaneous in the editor. Would it be possible to have an Audio and/or Video section like there is for Images?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xhtml.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	202093  
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You will need to manually add the file to the spine in the opf, as simply changing a file extension is not necessarily a reason to add a file to the spine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:28 PM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You will need to manually add the file to the spine in the opf, as simply changing a file extension is not necessarily a reason to add a file to the spine.
Ok, I didn't check what was happening in the opf.
Thought I would mention it in case it was a regression.
Probably easier to just delete it and recreate the page correctly.

Thanks.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 10:48 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Ok, I didn't check what was happening in the opf.
Thought I would mention it in case it was a regression.
Probably easier to just delete it and recreate the page correctly.

Thanks.
Just copy and paste one from a good one, then edit that line.
Another reason to keep simple (section 00x type) file names, a minor tweak is all that is needed.
IIRC I had to do other activity before The editor 'moved' the entry to its proper place in the booklist
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote