Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-23-2023, 12:01 AM   #1
Springtide
Springtide began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini 6th generation
Correct path to stylesheet?

When I run the Check Book function I am getting two errors for each of two XHTML files. It is saying the two CSS files do not exist. Yet, all of the other XHTML files use the same stylesheets and state the same path to them, and they do not generate this error.

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="page_styles.css"/>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css"/>

Those 2 lines are in the <head> section of all XHTML files, but only two of the files are saying "The resource pointed to by this link does not exist." I even tried copying and pasting from one of the files that isn't generating the error, then re-running the Check function. Still getting those errors.

I'm stumped.
Springtide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 12:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your HTML files will be in different sub-directories. Hover over the filename in the files browser to see the full path
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 12:18 AM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I've seen that error also.

Quickest fix is to run the Tools►Arrange into folders function and that should fix it.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 12:12 PM   #4
Springtide
Springtide began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini 6th generation
Thanks, but why would one file, with the exact same syntax, generate an error, while another does not? It doesn’t make sense to me. A quick fix is nice, but I like to understand what causes a problem, so I can avoid it in the future.

Last edited by Springtide; 04-23-2023 at 12:14 PM.
Springtide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 02:54 PM   #5
Foozle
Connoisseur
Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
It could be that specific HTML file with those resources aren't in the same folder as your other HTML files. So say your other files are in the OEBPS/content/ folder, but that specific file is in OEBPS/ folder, or in a misnamed location like OEBSP/content/ or OEBPS/contents/. This could cause those issues. Without seeing your exact file structure, that's all the advice I can personally provide.
Foozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 06:12 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springtide View Post
Thanks, but why would one file, with the exact same syntax, generate an error, while another does not? It doesn’t make sense to me. A quick fix is nice, but I like to understand what causes a problem, so I can avoid it in the future.
subtle dif (hard to see)

wrong case, invisible characters (all kinds of spaces), a space (imho avoid those in file names) coded:%20%...
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote