Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
hansl
Zealot
hansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Sony PRS-T3S, CoolReader on 4'' Android phone
Reader not recognised on 64bit Win7 PC

Hi,

I tried to plug my reader to my 64bit Windows 7 PC for the first time, in order to feed it with Calibre. But the reader was not recognized as a device. I don't remember the exact error message but it said that there is no driver available.

Right now I'm using an SD card as workaround which is ok for reading but not for my ego
Well, giving up on finding out myself is not better for the ego but it is much nicer to communicate in the forum with a chance for a solution. However, sending the reader to Sony for a firmware update is not an option for me.

Thanks,
hansl

Last edited by hansl; 07-20-2010 at 10:26 AM.
hansl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
You might want to check out the calibre forum... I seem to remember a warning about calibre not working with 64 bit PC... or not working properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansl View Post
Hi,

I tried to plug my reader to my 64bit Windows 7 PC for the first time, in order to feed it with Calibre. But the reader was not recognized as a device. I don't remember the exact error message but it said that there is no driver available.
Thanks,
hansl
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
hansl
Zealot
hansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Sony PRS-T3S, CoolReader on 4'' Android phone
You are right, regarding 64 bit Windows 7. Apparently a firmware update would help.
Thanks for saving my time.

hansl
hansl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connection, connection manager