Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #16
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
70% after 48 hours which is good if that means at least 4 days. We will know on Tuesday. In princip no usage of the reader during this measurment period.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:22 AM   #17
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Yes, but that will not help you to compare with previous firmware since the new version does not work with old firmware. I doubt there will be much difference but if I feel curious I will test. Anybody know the typical rest power consumption for an SD card?
About 750 uW (250 uA @ 3V) in sleep mode, about 210 mW (65/75 mA @ 3V) when reading/writing, according to the SanDisk tech ref.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2008, 06:58 AM   #18
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
About 750 uW (250 uA @ 3V) in sleep mode, about 210 mW (65/75 mA @ 3V) when reading/writing, according to the SanDisk tech ref.
So if the battery is 1000 mAh and last 5 days then you have 200 mAh per day. 0.25 mA then is 6 mAh per day which is not so much that you have to worry about it.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #19
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
70% after 48 hours which is good if that means at least 4 days.
40% after 72 hours.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #20
pmwt
Enthusiast
pmwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo HD
Quote:
40% after 72 hours.
Following this interesting thread. Is this test with the Cybook turn on constantly with "Auto Power Off"?
pmwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is with "auto power off" disabled. If you switch it off and don't use it, the battery will retain its charge for weeks, if not months.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:56 AM   #22
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
After 2 days usage (about ~1500 page flips), my battery marker indicates 90%. I'm using the latest firmware.

I guess that it should indicate less, as the estimated page flips per charge are 8000. On the other side, I've read somewhere that the battery charge indicator in new devices is not calibrated (shows more than reality).
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:28 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The battery meter does seem to get more accurate if you allow the battery to drain right down once or twice.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:20 AM   #24
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
40% after 72 hours.
Dead after 82 hours. So with the latest firmware I got 72-82 hours. So it seems we get one day less battery time with this firmware. I think I will go back to 538 and see what I get.

This does not fit my usage pattern at all since I usually charge it so it is full Monday morning and then with old firmware it lasted to Friday evening.

And yes, I find the start-up time annoying so I never turn the Cybook off.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #25
Kaero
Kaero began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Dead after 82 hours. So with the latest firmware I got 72-82 hours. So it seems we get one day less battery time with this firmware. I think I will go back to 538 and see what I get.

This does not fit my usage pattern at all since I usually charge it so it is full Monday morning and then with old firmware it lasted to Friday evening.

And yes, I find the start-up time annoying so I never turn the Cybook off.
One day less compared to what?
Anyway, please try to remember how many times you touched the cybook during this measuremet (and what you did) and if the sd card was inserted.
My compliments to you, I couldn't wait even 72 hours without reading a line.
72 - 82: does it means the uncertainty of your result?
Kaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #26
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaero View Post
One day less compared to what?
Anyway, please try to remember how many times you touched the cybook during this measuremet (and what you did) and if the sd card was inserted.
My compliments to you, I couldn't wait even 72 hours without reading a line.
72 - 82: does it means the uncertainty of your result?
Compared to the old firmware (538). And I only checked the power a couple of times per day (you have to enter and exit a book to do this). It worked after 72 hours but was dead after 82 hours so there is an uncertainty.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:29 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Compared to the old firmware (538). And I only checked the power a couple of times per day (you have to enter and exit a book to do this). It worked after 72 hours but was dead after 82 hours so there is an uncertainty.
I think that turning the page on the library screen will do it, too. Anything that makes the library screen "redraw", basically.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #28
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

I started a test with 538. After 26 hours it still says 100%...
Old 07-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #29
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
I'll be interested in seeing your results. My sense is that 708 is indeed much better in terms of battery drain than 685 was, but not quite as good as 538.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:08 PM   #30
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
It would be funny to find out that the 538 version just doesn't display the correct battery charge.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, consumption, energy