Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: What's more important, New features or fix the current bugs first?
New features are important, fixing the bugs as Kobo adds features is fine with me. 31 33.33%
I don't want any more new features, they should spend all their energy on fixing the bugs first. 62 66.67%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Poll: what's more important, new features or fix current bugs?

So I've read this new announcement of new features.
For me I just couldn't care less about new features until the bugs are ironed out. Such as:

Text getting cut off
Network errors on updates, etc.
Sideloading problems and other what I consider major issues.

I've created a poll to get people's views on this.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I say bugs I mean the quite annoying ones such as quoted above.
I guess there'll always be minor niggles here and there with any device out there.
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I voted bug fixes... although if I'm honest, I'd make an exception for bookmarks. I'm sure others have their favorite wishlist items. I just don't see more facebook to be high on people's list.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I want new features. Or rather... I want features that realyy should have been there from the start.
Search function within books.

I can't belive it's not already there!! It really shouldn't be considered a "new feature" once it appears, but since it's not there now...
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
danskmacabre
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
I voted bug fixes... although if I'm honest, I'd make an exception for bookmarks. I'm sure others have their favorite wishlist items. I just don't see more facebook to be high on people's list.
I see what you mean and there ARE new features I want, but I'd prefer to get all those larger annoying bugs fixed first. THEN they can focus on adding new features.
The thing is when you add new features, you add new bugs, so from my POV, if you don't sort our your current bugs before adding new features, you make things harder on yourself and your customers.
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
The thing is when you add new features, you add new bugs...
This has, indeed, been the case.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
danskmacabre
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
This has, indeed, been the case.
Which is an unfortunate reality of software development. but some bugs should be considered priority 1 over new developments.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I want both! I also want less Facebook. The new announcement kind of disappointed me.

I really like ReadingLife, the awards can be fun, and the stats is great (but can be a lot better considering whatKobo apps on other devices can do vs Kobo itself...), but I do not want it to be tied to some social site. I would much rather prefer they concentrate on the Kobo device (new features and bugs), then the Kobo apps, and then, if they have time, on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekster View Post
I really like ReadingLife, the awards can be fun, and the stats is great (but can be a lot better considering whatKobo apps on other devices can do vs Kobo itself...), but I do not want it to be tied to some social site.
Me neither! Awards are fun. Accidentally reveal to all your Facebook followers that you read lots of erotica? Less fun...
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #10
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
I would like some new features as all "major" bugs I've been experiencing have been fixed in previous firmware updates. However, I voted for bug fixes, as I feel that they are much more important to users who are still experiencing major bugs.

As far as new features go, I would also like to see more stuff in reading life and more awards. Facebook and other social website integration I could care less about.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
IsabeauG
NKTB
IsabeauG can extract oil from cheeseIsabeauG can extract oil from cheeseIsabeauG can extract oil from cheeseIsabeauG can extract oil from cheeseIsabeauG can extract oil from cheeseIsabeauG can extract oil from cheeseIsabeauG can extract oil from cheeseIsabeauG can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo
I vote that they get the bugs fixed, with both hardware and software. When they get that straightened out, then new stuff can be added.
IsabeauG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #12
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I voted for bugs as I certainly still have some major bugs BUT I would like to think that new features would actually be FEATURES ie search and also a way to store books in categories etc - all those important things that people have been asking for for months that other readers provide as standard.
Facebook garbage is just a waste of time. I can't believe I got sucked into their big exciting announcement and thought something good was about to happen.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #13
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
As much as I would like some new features, they need to get the software rock solid first.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #14
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I don't have a Kobo Touch, but I would want the bugs fixed first.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #15
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I voted for fixing the bugs first as some people are having problems. The only one I seem to have is the one (in some, not all books) of cutting off the bottom line, which I fix by moving the font size up and then back again - mildly irritating but not as bad as some.

But like others, I WOULD like to have the library in categories/genres.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote