Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
okidogi
Hello world
okidogi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Lightbulb How to only get command line tool ebook-convert installed.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this the proper place for such a post, but I need a hackish solution probably...

I have a server which is Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.8 (lenny) where I want calibre get installed. After several tries, it's still not installed successfully. After then I realized that the functionality I need is just the command "ebook-convert". So I'm wondering if there are some way to just install this command line tool instead of the whole calibre package.
okidogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved out of development forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
okidogi
Hello world
okidogi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No, there isn't
Do you have suggestions for installing calibre on linux distribution Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.8 (lenny)? I tried hard but failed. It always throw the exception,
"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 55, in main
File "site.py", line 41, in set_qt_plugin_path
ImportError: cannot import name QCoreApplication
"
okidogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Installing calibre on Lenny is unsupported, It is is very hard because glibc is too old. I once tried to get around it by selective upgrading, and ended up bricking my server.

If you really want to make this go, you can do it using chroot. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=16 for an example that worked for me. It requires a large amount of *nix sysadmin experience, a server you control, and a fair amount of disk space.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
installation