Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Montgomery, L. M.: Emily of New Moon. v1. 17 June 07

This is payback time for me. I've been so busy posting books that I want that I haven't done much of anything for those readers who like things different from what I like. Many of us have so many different tastes in reading...

I know there are a lot people who read and love the books by L. M. Montgomery, author of the Anne of Green Gables books.

Although I haven't read any her books, I thought I'd go ahead and do four titles. (Earlier - a month ago? - I did one of the "Anne" books because a reader asked for one.)

The first three titles form a trilogy, featuring a young girl named Emily. These are the titles:
  1. Emily of New Moon
  2. Emily Climbs
  3. Emily's Quest

About the first book, here's a quote:

"Lucy Maud Montgomery has been beloved by generations of readers for her Anne of Green Gables stories. In the celebrated Emily trilogy, of which Emily of New Moon is the first volume, Montgomery draws a more realistic portrait of a young girl’s life on Prince Edward Island. The twin threads of bright and dark, love and cruelty, hope and despair intertwine in a pattern as significant as it is enduring."

On the second volume:

"In the second volume of the celebrated Emily trilogy, Lucy Maud Montgomery traces the often stormy course of Emily Starr’s life as she moves from the world of childhood into that of school and adolescence.

"Emily Climbs unsentimentally reveals the world of the young as it really is – with its great moments of unalloyed wonder and joy, as well as its cruelty and suffering.

"Along with Emily of New Moon and Emily’s Quest, Emily Climbs is a vivid, heartfelt portrait of youth and the road to maturity."

And from the third volume:

"The third and final volume of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s celebrated Emily trilogy, Emily’s Quest is a vigorously drawn study of a woman coming to terms with love and her own ambition. In no other novel did Montgomery explore more fully the beauty, complexity, and wonder of love. In every detail, this mature novel, by one of the world’s best-loved authors, captures the drama and confusion of a young life on the brink.

"Along with Emily of New Moon and Emily Climbs, Emily’s Quest is an honest and poignant portrait of a singular woman"

I hope you enjoy these.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Montgomery, L. M. - Emily of New Moon.lrf (380.7 KB, 1150 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-17-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
scottcstoness
Enthusiast
scottcstoness began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This is payback time for me. I've been so busy posting books that I want that I haven't done much of anything for those readers who like things different from what I like. Many of us have so many different tastes in reading...

Don
I'm not sure how making books that you like yourself available to everyone in the community to download as they wish qualifies as selfish -- seems like anything but to me. Formatting works that *other* people want to read is far above and beyond the call of duty. As one of the many who lurk and download beautifully formatted books without giving much back (no free time at the moment), I'd just like to say how appreciative I am of having MobileRead as a source of several hundred free books formatted for the reader, regardless of whose reading taste they represent!

Cheers,

ScS
(Who hopes one day to LRF format a book or two himself)
scottcstoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I gotta agree with scottcstoness on this one, Dr. Drib, I can't see how you'd interpret that as selfish in the first place, unless you're just an extremely selfless person to begin with, which pretty much makes the same point.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Those are kind words...

and I thank you both for such nice comments.

There are so many books in areas I know nothing about. My strength lies in literature, horror, science fiction, and mystery; however, I know very little of non-fiction, for example. So naturally, I was first trying to get many of the titles available for myself and for other readers. (One good thing about all this uploading is that I feel like I've become very proficient in putting together the books.)

The Montgomery books enjoy a really dedicated following, so it's nice that the readers who enjoy her work can have some free access to formatted titles by this author.

But TRUST ME, I've been known to be selfish, too!

Again, thanks for the nice thoughts.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
JDD Sunshine
JDD Sunshine began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi I also agree I am looking for books that my 16 year old can read, clean and reader friendly, she like books like Malory Towers, Ann of Green Gables , and Sweet Dreams, to name but a few do you have any of these available.
JDD Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
JDD Sunshine
JDD Sunshine began at the beginning.

Device: none
where do i actually go to download these books i am in the forum and dont know where to go from here HELP
JDD Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, historical fiction