Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #76
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Coming back to my earlier comment, is there a reason why some of my books are not showing up in collections on my Kindle? When I reopen Kindelabra and look at the collections I've already made, these books are showing up as part of said collections. Yet, on my device, they are showing up as non-collection books, even though I have my Home screen set to sort by Collection. Any ideas or suggestions why this is happening?
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #77
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I too would love to know but it must be something with the books and the kindle because neither of the three collection manager programs works, although it states they are in a collection on the kindle they do not appear to be in one.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #78
galco
galco began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Unable to add Calibre books to the collections

Hello,

I'm trying to add some books to my collection created using Kindelabra and I'm getting this errors:

Code:
$ python2.7 Kindelabra.py 
Loading documents.............
Loading pictures
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Kindelabra.py", line 302, in add_file
    asin = self.kindle.files[filehash].asin
KeyError: 'ff9e1bda761c7ecd877826c7f85dabc351780cf7'
KeyError: '301bdeccdab9ec58251ba2bba5a62fc7f4b321ce'
KeyError: '4f46ce16ec80a259f7ea9c245c44e10271c3ea8c'
Could be something related with the firmware: 3.0.2 (553210206)

Any solution?

Thanks!
galco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #79
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
I have found that running the program twice eliminates the "stragglers" that jump out of my collections. I'm not sure why this fixes the problem, but it does.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #80
djb132
djb132 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
How do I get the collections on my Kindle?

First - very nice piece of work - including the installation batch file.

Now, what is it I'm not "getting"? I started Kindelabra, pointed it to my Kindle & created some new collections.
I saved the collections, exited Kindelabra & ejected my Kindle - no change.

I reconnected my Kindle, restarted Kindelabra & resaved, exited Kindlabra & ejected the Kindle - no change.

I can see collections.json, as well as backups, in the system folder.

So - what am I doing wrong?
djb132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #81
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb132 View Post
So - what am I doing wrong?
Did you restart your Kindle ?
It needs to re-read the json file.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #82
djb132
djb132 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Did you restart your Kindle ?
It needs to re-read the json file.
Ahh - that's what I wasn't "getting" - thanks!
djb132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #83
ada
ada began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hi,

I haven't tried out the program yet, I am still installing it. I still have one remark on the installation - if your internet connection is via proxy, curl is not able to download the files.
I do not know how often this happens - as far as I see nobody complaint about this, so I not sure that a patch is needed.
However if someone needs to fix it - add to all lines in the bat file that start with curl, the "-x myproxy:myport" option.
E.g.:
curl http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7/python-2.7.msi -o python.msi
becomes:
curl -x proxy:8080 http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7/python-2.7.msi -o python.msi

Regards
ada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #84
eth0
eth0 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
can the collections change take effect immediately? or have any method that allow kindle to reload the collection.json file without restart?
eth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #85
Fross
Fross began at the beginning.

Hey,
I registered just to thank you for a great app. I was looking all over for a easier way to organize my kindle, and this works perfectly.

Using Linux Mint 10.10
Fross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #86
ubuntourist
Private Citizen 1st Class
ubuntourist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
New collections.json from scratch?

Given that collections.json is presumably a JSON file ;-) is it possible to create one from scratch? I have a Kindle but don't plan to register it. I've got TONS of Linux / FOSS documents, most of which are PDF's. I want to load the Kindle up with those, and have no intention of hooking into Amazon. But collections would be nice.
ubuntourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #87
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
AFAIK, even a 'from scratch' json collections file won't do the trick on an unregistered device (I may be wrong, though, so you're welcome to try).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #88
ubuntourist
Private Citizen 1st Class
ubuntourist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I found a lead at:

http://whitneyindustries.com/b/?p=17

And upon reboot, I can see a collection, but it appears to be empty and nothing can be moved into it. I can rename it or delete it. I may have to cave to the corporate machine (unlikely) or live with a very long list of PDFs.

And for those who are curious, the format is much simpler than I thought (assuming it's correct):

Code:
{"collection name@en-US":
   {"items":["*sha1","*sha1","*sha1",...],
    "lastAccess":longInt},
 "collection name@en-US":
   {"items":["*sha1","*sha1","*sha1",...],
    "lastAccess":longInt}
}
where collection name should be pretty obvious, sha1 is the hex string for the SHA1 hash of each file in the collection, and longInt is a long integer representation of the date. The Kindle overwrites this. The Python program sets it to zero initially, but when I fetched it back after uploading it and rebooting, the Kindle had changed it.

Last edited by ubuntourist; 03-15-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Reformatted for readability.
ubuntourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #89
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
hi.

On this program i can not see "directory" AUDIObooks.

(It is interesting to put these files in the collections of kindleabra, "someone can tell the programmer to allow see that folder?

should not be complicated, because if we see the pictures folder.

bye, and thanks.

pd: "Audible" (name of directory, similar "picture" o "documents")

OKis ¿?
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #90
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3

Quote:

crash kindleabra:

program said me: wait to load files...

but neves finish.

KDx g 500 Mb free, doukan install and 900 files total.

i can not see files and collections on windows program...

¿?
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, kindle, manage