Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #46
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
No limit to how many but you need them all at the begining. you cant add more urls to an existing book.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #47
Ghost66
Ghost66 began at the beginning.

Device: Ghost66
It's a great plugin but...

I have not success using this plugin, a message of error appear
after running it. My version of Calibre is 0.9.13 and is installed in Ubuntu 12.04. I have no other plugin installed
I tried with this url http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control .

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: txt error.txt (11.9 KB, 1054 views)
Ghost66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #48
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Ghost66: You need calibre 0.9.14, that was a bug in PDF output that was fixed in this version.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #49
Ghost66

Smile Calibre version 0.9.14 and Wiki reader

kovidgoyal,

Yes, now is ok, but is possible reduces the font size ? Because I think that pdf file is bigger than necessary. There a problem in the image, in wikipedia there is a white background on image and in the pdf the background is black.
Congratulation for your work, Calibre is the BEST !

Thanks
Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #50
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Which wikipedia article has the problem with the black image?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #51
Ghost66

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Which wikipedia article has the problem with the black image?
This article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #52
Jwilkes
Jwilkes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krittika Goyal View Post

Version History[INDENT][SPOILER]
Version 1.0.2 - 26 Sep 2012
  • Allow entering any number of URLs
  • Improve formatting of images in the downloaded articles

I am having an issue creating wikipedia article ebooks with more than 25 urls. If I try to add anymore than 25 urls per ebook document it cuts off and only adds the first 25 urls that I enter. Is this a bug or is it simply set this way. I would most appreciate if we could add as many wikipedia urls as we wanted. However even with the 25 url limit restriction whether it is a bug or not I do really enjoy and respect that invaluable tool for reference and archiving, so you have my sincerest thanks.
Jwilkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #53
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost66 View Post
This will be fixed in the next calibre release.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #54
karlheinzbehr
karlheinzbehr began at the beginning.

Device: HTC HD2
At first, a great thx for your work!

I tried your plugin for the first time with the german version of Wikipedia.

There are lots of hyphenate in it. e.g. Wi-ki-pe-dia

Maybe that there it is also a problem of the font, because there are no hyphenates, but small boxes.

Also some words looks like that they are merged together.

What can i do?

Greets

bkh

eBook [Mo, 01 Apr 2013] - Wikipedia.epub

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage01.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	387.6 KB
ID:	103773
karlheinzbehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #55
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Click the preferences button in the viewer and turn off hyphenation under Miscellaneous Options.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #56
bittenfig
bittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Just wanted to stop by and add to this thread that Wikipedia has a similar (if not identical) function on their website that allows you to render several Wikipedia pages into a PDF, EPUB, ZIM, or ODT format. You can find it under the "Print/export" menu in the sidebar for Wikipedia entries.

I've had trouble with error messages when having Wikipedia's servers render several (dozens) of entries into one book, so this plugin would probably be more successful for those very large collections.
bittenfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:46 AM   #57
olofmogren
olofmogren began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
CLI mode

Hi, is there any way of using the wiki reader plugin from command line? This would be a much wanted feature.

Thanks.
olofmogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #58
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
No, but you can take a look at the provided script in Modify ePub to see how it might be done. It would need to be run using calibre-debug, and just import the plugin modules and accept the needed info through the cli.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:36 AM   #59
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
Date format not optimal

Hallo.

Wikireader imports me several times a week a magazine called Warentest.

I see a problem with the dates. Without manual intervention, Wikireader doesn't list in chronological order due to the date format.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Warentest.png
Views:	451
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	140096
Status quo: [mié, 08 jul 2015] - better [2015/07/08], [2015.07.08] or [2015-07-08].

Preferably by me would be [150708]. (That's the way I use dates).

Please change this somehow.

EDIT Or can I change that somewhere? I mean in general.

EDIT Sorry, PI Wiki Reader was not explicit meant here, but Fetch news.

Nevertheless, a change in the date format would be preferable also in Wiki Reader.

Last edited by chaot; 07-13-2015 at 06:27 AM.
chaot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:38 AM   #60
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Has this been updated, it doesnt seem to work for me.
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote