Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Best iPad case for reading in bed?

I am interested in reading the iPad in bed but found it is just too heavy. I would like to buy a case where I can prop it up and rest it on my stomach so i don't have to hold it anymore.

What cases have worked for other people?
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I read every night for hours on my ipad since I have bought the mophie workbook case, which I highly recommend. You can really chose the exact angle you want to prop up your ipad, since it works with a very clever but strong velcro thingy. Here the amazon link for it :
http://www.amazon.com/Mophie-Workboo.../dp/B0046HAO40
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
That looks nice, although it is a bit pricey. I noticed it works best in landscape mode. Is it possible to read it in portrait mode or is it not necessary?
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
You can read in portrait mode, which totally makes sense for pdfs. But I prefer the landscape mode when reading in bed.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
The easiest low-tech solution is to use a pillow on your stomach and prop the iPad on that. There are even bookrest pillows out there that are shaped specifically for that and are in the $20-$40 range (check Amazon.)

I personally don't like the pillow solution. I don't find it comfortable and a bit too hot in the summer.

There are also some floor-standing holders that can be used to hold it in bed or while sitting that I prefer but up to now they have been too rich for my blood (e.g. $175 for this one: http://www.bookholder.com/item.asp?n=33478 )

I recently saw the one I'm planning to get announced called the iProp for ~ $80: http://www.iprop.com/index.html. It's still $80 but I'm willing to pay that for the convenience.

And no, I'm not associated with the vendor I just also find it too heavy to hold for long periods in bed.

Good luck in your hunt.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 AM   #6
Jabreal53
Banned
Jabreal53 began at the beginning.

Device: Jabreal53
I've been listening a lot or people saying that its quite heavy. I don't know why I didn't feel so ever. I'm also habitual of reading in bed. Anyways, it should not be a problem as u can place anything over ur stomach and stand ur ipad with it.
Jabreal53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabreal53 View Post
u can place anything over ur stomach and stand ur ipad with it.
mines not yet big enough for that..at least not yet..

I have some version of the Marware cover. This has a band at that back that is supposed to help in griping. But its still not good enough for holding higher than the head while reading.

So a good cover is the only thing i really miss in my ipad.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #8
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
There is something called an iPillow (I think I have the correct name!) that costs around $25. I saw it mentioned on another discussion list.

It comes in either brown suede or black leather and has a pocket of shorts that you place your iPad in for easier use while on the couch or on in bed. It sounded interesting, but I cannot vouch for it personally.
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
ianrip
ianrip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad (4.2)-iPhone 3gs(4.0.1)
This is what I use, I bought it in Thailand approx 10-15 USD
it has lasted 10 months so very good value.

My wife has told me to get a new case, I said I'm waiting for Ipad 2
ianrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey57 View Post
There is something called an iPillow (I think I have the correct name!) that costs around $25. I saw it mentioned on another discussion list.

It comes in either brown suede or black leather and has a pocket of shorts that you place your iPad in for easier use while on the couch or on in bed. It sounded interesting, but I cannot vouch for it personally.
I am asking for this for Christmas. They have sizes for Kindles and iPads

http://coylscustomcreations.com/
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
CandyDane
Enthusiast
CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad 4
I have a Targus Spin Pad case: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006L8GHZC/...SIN=B006L8GHZC

It works perfect for me. I can read most anywhere. The handle makes it easier to hold the iPad in bed or I can adjust the spinner however works best. Infinite horizontal and vertical adjustment for all 4 sides of the iPad. Fits perfect and adds very little weight. Works with Apply or other covers to protect the screen if you need it.

Amazon has it on sale for $37.00. You can also search Amazon for "iPad spin cover" and find other brands for a variety of prices.
CandyDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
cbass
cbass began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Protenzo

The intellistand is awesome. Stands up and you can just tap away.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:41 AM   #13
CHAUWAY
CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I read every night for hours on my ipad since I have bought the mophie workbook case, which I highly recommend. You can really chose the exact angle you want to prop up your ipad, since it works with a very clever but strong velcro thingy. Here the amazon link for it :
http://www.amazon.com/Mophie-Workboo.../dp/B0046HAO40
Wow, awesome
CHAUWAY is offline   Reply With Quote