Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 06:17 AM   #31
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
It would be funny to find out that the 538 version just doesn't display the correct battery charge.
I suspect it does not do it for me now since it still says 100%... I am pretty sure that last time I had 538 the indicator worked better.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #32
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After 72 hours (three days) with 538 the battery meter shows 80%.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #33
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
After 72 hours (three days) with 538 the battery meter shows 80%.
Still 80% after 99 hours. Approximately 20 hours more than the newest firmware and still only at 80%.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:29 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I suspect that "80%" figure is spurious, but it is interesting to see how long it'll last for!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #35
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Down to 50% with 538 and 120 hours (5 days).
Old 07-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #36
Kaero
Kaero began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
So still some bugs in the newest firmware, causing energy drain (some unnecessary active process?). We should write some angry email to bookeen. I am curious whether some bookeen employer reads this web.
Kaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #37
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaero View Post
So still some bugs in the newest firmware, causing energy drain (some unnecessary active process?). We should write some angry email to bookeen. I am curious whether some bookeen employer reads this web.
Or design errors. Now 6 days (144 hours) ans still 50%. So the "standing in library" energy consumption is at least doubled in the newest firmware compared to 538.

And for me that can read paper books for days and just read with the Cybook 0-15 minutes per day that time is important. And since I then just occasionally read then the boot up time is unacceptable so I cannot turn it off.

Email them and suggest an option to choose "good battery life and slower response" or "bad battery life and faster responnse".
Old 07-09-2008, 02:39 AM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you done so yourself, Tommy? Did they reply?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:09 AM   #39
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

50% after 148 hours and dead after 158 hours with 538. So with the Cybook in library mode the result is:
  • 538: 148-158 hours
  • 685: 44-45 hours
  • 708: 72-82 hours
Old 07-09-2008, 06:35 AM   #40
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you done so yourself, Tommy? Did they reply?
Emailed them now when the result was finished.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #41
qwert80
qwert80 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
Hi all,
I've a Cybook Gen3 with 708 firmware version.
I'd like to return to 538 version but I mailed now bookeen support and they told me that that version is not more available.
Anyone can tell me where can I find it or can send it to me?

Thanks in advance!
Domenico
qwert80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #42
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert80 View Post
Hi all,
I've a Cybook Gen3 with 708 firmware version.
I'd like to return to 538 version but I mailed now bookeen support and they told me that that version is not more available.
Anyone can tell me where can I find it or can send it to me?

Thanks in advance!
Domenico
If you have the New version of the Gen 3 with 512 Mb Memory, the 538 firmware will not work.

It will only work If you have one of the older models.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #43
qwert80
qwert80 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
Hello bbusybookworm!
Thanks for the reply, I've an old version of Cybook. Anyway Tommy sent me the file I've requested.

Domenico
qwert80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #44
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
50% after 148 hours and dead after 158 hours with 538. So with the Cybook in library mode the result is:
  • 538: 148-158 hours
  • 685: 44-45 hours
  • 708: 72-82 hours
Any idea how this real-world test compares to the power consumption numbers Kaero provided? Does the power draw when idle, mapped against the AmpHr of the battery yield a number close to the real-world numbers?

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #45
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert80 View Post
Hello bbusybookworm!
Thanks for the reply, I've an old version of Cybook. Anyway Tommy sent me the file I've requested.

Domenico
No Worries.

Just wanted to spare you the heart attack I had When I tried to do that, as bookeen had kindly sent me the link to the firmware and the device didn't work properly.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, consumption, energy