Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-24-2023, 09:13 AM   #1906
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@Horus68

I'm not a big fan of redesigning the default front-end web interface of COPS. Improving? I'm all for that, but I think that the default front-end interface should be as simple and light on resources as possible. The default interface works with my very old Kobo Glo HD. Any more eye candy is a definite NO.

If we want more eye candy, take a look at calibre-web, or improve on the work of @SenorSmartyPants.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 12:36 PM   #1907
Grishka
Grishka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus68 View Post
Call to action to create a new template for COPS. Bring in your skills:
«if anyone has a slight interest or knowledge in designing a new front-end web interface for COPS, that would be most welcome.»
See this Github:
https://github.com/mikespub-org/sebl.../discussions/9

Note: for questions keep on with this actual mobileread forum topic!
Hey !

I've just updated my COPS with your fork, then switched to PHP 8 (Synology NAS), and it's working like a charm! I even took the time to modify the eink theme I'd originally created for COPS to modernize the display a bit.

Great job!
Grishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 11:58 AM   #1908
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishka View Post
Hey !
I even took the time to modify the eink theme I'd originally created for COPS to modernize the display a bit.
Please send your code to Mike's fork (its not me!)
https://github.com/mikespub-org/seblucas-cops
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 12:05 PM   #1909
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
@Horus68

I'm not a big fan of redesigning the default front-end web interface of COPS. Improving? I'm all for that, but I think that the default front-end interface should be as simple and light on resources as possible. The default interface works with my very old Kobo Glo HD. Any more eye candy is a definite NO.

If we want more eye candy, take a look at calibre-web, or improve on the work of @SenorSmartyPants.
Agree eink devices needs to work!

As stated by Mike the SenorSmartyPants template its already included in the fork.
Same goes for the COPS 4 kindle template available from another github user. See https://github.com/mikespub-org/sebl...omment-6528832
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 03:03 PM   #1910
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
It would be useful to include this fix in the fork on the main COPS branch.

https://github.com/seblucas/cops/pul...e475dcea3a6f3f

This fixes the invalid OPDS which causes PocketReader on Android to fail to read the feed properly.

I've manually added the patch, but others running PocketBook on Android may also run into this error, so worth fixing on the main branch.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 04:57 AM   #1911
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@electronicfur

No longer use the original COPS GitHub. It's no longer actively developed. The recent commit seems a bit of a fluke and does not change/improve the code.

From now on use this fork instead https://github.com/mikespub-org/seblucas-cops.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 06:39 AM   #1912
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Thanks, I thought it was just changes for PHP8, didn't realise the fork was being developed. I'll take a look at the 1.x branch as I'm still on PHP 7.4. It's why havent looked at the fork until now.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology