Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 05:38 PM   #1
willboliva
willboliva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8th generation
How to clear the search history in the ebook viewer?

The answers in old threads with this question say that in the Preferences button in the viewer and under Miscellaneous there is a button to clear search history, but this function seems to be missing in the current Calibre version.

Last edited by willboliva; 01-14-2020 at 05:42 PM.
willboliva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:51 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't recall the V4 viewer ever having a clear search history function. Took me a while to realise it even kept any search history

FWIW: they're in the "search-bar-history-search-in-book" section of viewer-webengine.json.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #3
willboliva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I don't recall the V4 viewer ever having a clear search history function. Took me a while to realise it even kept any search history

FWIW: they're in the "search-bar-history-search-in-book" section of viewer-webengine.json.

BR
Thanks! Deleting the json file did it.

Last edited by willboliva; 01-14-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:24 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you deleted the file you would have lost many other settings. My hint was intended to suggest you remove a specific section.

BR
Old 01-14-2020, 06:32 PM   #5
willboliva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If you deleted the file you would have lost many other settings. My hint was intended to suggest you remove a specific section.

BR
Oh crap... can you tell what settings I lost, please?
Advert
Old 01-14-2020, 07:28 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator

Not precisely. If you have a backup of your user folder then you can restore the file from there?

This is my viewer-webengine.json, the white lines are where I've collapsed the irrelevant details

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-15 101957.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	176397

Tip: in future instead of blithely deleting application control files, rename them to something like viewer-webengine.json.save.

BR