Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #31
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
What country does the Target chain operates in?
Is it USA?
Yes. Target is a chain of about 1,500 discount department stores. It tries to be a bit upmarket of WalMart, which has more than 3,000 stores. WalMart is the largest retailer in the US, and Target is the 5th largest.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #32
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Didn't Costco in the USA use to sell the Sony 500 reader? I wonder what happened. Do they still sell the reader or have they just dropped it?
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #33
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
I bought my 505 at Target in March of this year. They had none left and no other reader products. I'm glad they will now!
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:35 AM   #34
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Anyone knows what Target's return policy is for the reader?
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:51 AM   #35
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
Didn't Costco in the USA use to sell the Sony 500 reader? I wonder what happened. Do they still sell the reader or have they just dropped it?
They pretty much cleared out their stock of the 500 earlier this year. They do not carry the 505.

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #36
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
Only some Costco stores had the Sony500, and as with most Costco merchandise, they stock only what they can get great discounts on from manufacturers or distributors and they don't sell the same inventory for many months in a row. They buy in huge quantity at huge discounts and once that quantity is sold out, they find something else.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #37
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Since it is now the 14th, I'm heading out to the local Target store. Hope I find the display there. Will report back later.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #38
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I went to our nearest Target today and there was not a Reader in sight and the person working the electronics counter had no idea of what I was asking about. She radio'd someone and they didn't know about it either. I checked Target's website and it is listing the Reader as having Limited Availability in most of the Targets in our county.

Sucks cause I was wanting to check out the accessories.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #39
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Just returned from lunch and a trip to the local Target store. The end-cap display is there. They put it 'way down by the computer section, which is sad since the books are at the other end of the electronics section and they might have gotten more attention from readers if this display was near the books.

On the rack:
  • A working display model loaded with 9 "extracts" (I suppose like the "samples" you can get from Amazon for the Kindle) and one book, When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
  • 2 Readers priced at $299.99 -- includes the free historical fiction novel.
  • 2 lighted covers priced at $64.99
  • A large stack of $50 pre-paid cards to the Sony book store
  • A smaller stack of $15 pre-paid cards to the Sony book store
  • 4 pair of noise-canceling headphones
  • 4 pair of regular headphones
  • A stack of MemoryStick Duos (I didn't pay any attention to the capacity)
  • An empty hook labeled as "Croc Carry Bag"
  • An unlabeled empty hook which is probably for the power adapter

I like the look of the lighted cover and told the hubby that I would like to get it for Christmas.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #40
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I just left Target and forgot to look. Drat!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #41
julia103
Connoisseur
julia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Probably just wishful thinking, but is there any chance that Target would honor the Sony Store offer for $100 off on the PRS-505 if trading in the PRS-500?
julia103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #42
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
I assume these lighted covers only fit the 505?
nesagwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #43
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
The target I went to didn't have them out either. I printed the CNet announcement and took it with me so they would know what I was looking for. The woman at the electronics counter radioed the store room to ask if they had any of the accessories- of course they didn't. Didn't have the gift cards either.

When the 'new', renovated from the ground up Target closest to me opens in 4 weeks they better have a complete display!

If anyone sees the croc print carry bag please post details and a picture if possible!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #44
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesagwa View Post
I assume these lighted covers only fit the 505?
I think it only fits the 505. Think I saw somewhere on the forum someone trying it with a 500 and screen placement on the 500 is a little different.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:39 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The way that covers attach to the 505 is different to that of the 500.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, puppy!