Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 10:45 AM   #301
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Here's my Charger.

Attachment 171365

This is a 1967 model, the only difference is the '66 didn't have the turn signal indicators on top of the front fenders, and of course the 383 HP emblem on the side.
It would be interesting to know exactly what happened to our old cars. I'm sure they likely found their ways to a junk yard to be salvaged and/or scrapped for metal. They certainly had thicker metal skins in those days! I traded mine in for a Chevy a new pickup in 1978, and as I recall they only gave me $50 trade-in on it! But that was okay with me, because at least I didn't have to spend money to tow it to a salvage yard.

And I just remembered, my very first car was actually a worn out 1961 or 1962 Pontiac Lemans hardtop. Very sporty for the time, but certainly no muscle car. I forgot about it because it was handed down from my oldest brother to my other brother, who then passed it down to me. They were quite a bit older than me, both drove the heck out of it, I it became mine when I was only 14. The car was in bad mechanical shape, and I couldn't drive until 16 so it sat in the back yard and deteriorated more. Eventually my brother and I towed t to a scrap yard after mom got tired of seeing it in the back yard! Funny how that slipped my mind, but since I never drove it I guess I really cannot count it as the first car.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #302
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I remember that well! It wasn't all that popular in my house as it was fairly silly even to young kids. I think the theme song was better known than the cartoon. I'm surprised they haven't turned it into a dark live action thriller movie for Millennials yet, you know, the same way they screw up all of our 1950's and 1960's cartoons.
I loved that show and the silliness factor was the reason why. Even better was Rocky & Bullwinkle and George of the Jungle.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2019, 07:11 PM   #303
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

“Look Natasha, Moose and Squirrel!”

I loved that show. Also loved the Flintstones, the Jetsons, Muttley and Dastardly, Huckleberry Hound, Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner Show, and many more. What was the weird cartoon show about space rockets that used those cheesy still images with moving lips? Was it X15? My brother and I laughed at it all the time because it was so bad! I also liked live actions series like Fury, Sky King, The Lone Ranger, etc.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:33 PM   #304
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What was the weird cartoon show about space rockets that used those cheesy still images with moving lips? Was it X15? My brother and I laughed at it all the time because it was so bad!
Old 05-08-2019, 07:39 PM   #305
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
“Look Natasha, Moose and Squirrel!”

I loved that show. Also loved the Flintstones, the Jetsons, Muttley and Dastardly, Huckleberry Hound, Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner Show, and many more. What was the weird cartoon show about space rockets that used those cheesy still images with moving lips? Was it X15? My brother and I laughed at it all the time because it was so bad! I also liked live actions series like Fury, Sky King, The Lone Ranger, etc.
Ditto

The cool thing about Rocky and Bullwinkle is that both children and adults could watch it because it had humor that appealed to each group separately.

Advert
Old 05-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #306
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Old 05-10-2019, 09:32 PM   #307
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Old 05-10-2019, 09:48 PM   #308
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That might be it. We only had a B&W TV so I have no clue if it was in color or not. Even after we got a color TV in the late 1960s many shows were still broadcast in B&W. Those early color TVs were pretty bad too. The colors would get screwed up a lot.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:20 AM   #309
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I liked Space Angel when I was a kid, but I always viewed it as still pages from a comic book.

Clutch Cargo used the same "animation" process. (Synchro Vox?)

cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #310
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I liked Space Angel when I was a kid, but I always viewed it as still pages from a comic book.

Clutch Cargo used the same "animation" process. (Synchro Vox?)
I liked Space Angel, but not Clutch Cargo.

Here's a bit of trivia. Who voiced the Scottish engineer, Taurus?

Spoiler:
Quote:
Hal Smith - better known as Otis Campbell, Mayberry's town drunk. He was a very prolific voice actor.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #311
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I liked Space Angel, but not Clutch Cargo.

Here's a bit of trivia. Who voiced the Scottish engineer, Taurus?
Cool, Otis was a great character. In one of the made for TV reunion movies they did in the 1980s, Otis had reformed and was no longer a drunk.

Another bit of Mayberry trivia: Which actor was a royal PITA on the set and couldn't stand Andy and the gang?

Spoiler:
Frances Bavier who played Aunt Bee. She refused to do the TV reunion movie and was really ugly to Andy and Ron Howard when they went to visit her during an illness.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:53 AM   #312
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

BTW, it always fun talking about these old cartoons and TV shows. Quite a few of them I never got to watch because in my area we only had one major network TV station, KTBC TV in Austin which was mostly CBS but did show other stuff too. It was owned by Lady Bird Johnson, the former First Lady. Sometimes I find old shows from the 1960s on networks like COZY which I do not remember at all, and I'm sure that s because they were never broadcast over our CBS affiliate.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:00 AM   #313
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Cool, Otis was a great character. In one of the made for TV reunion movies they did in the 1980s, Otis had reformed and was no longer a drunk.

Another bit of Mayberry trivia: Which actor was a royal PITA on the set and couldn't stand Andy and the gang?

Spoiler:
Frances Bavier who played Aunt Bee. She refused to do the TV reunion movie and was really ugly to Andy and Ron Howard when they went to visit her during an illness.
Aunt Bee - I knew that about her. Such a shame, because I liked the character. She did a Lone Ranger episode playing the part of the leader of a blood-thirsty gang. Man, was she vicious in that role.

Quote:
Bavier was easily offended on the set of The Andy Griffith Show and the production staff took a cautious approach when communicating with her. Series star Andy Griffith once admitted the two sometimes clashed during the series' run. In an April 24, 1998, appearance on Larry King Live, Griffith said Bavier phoned him four months before she died and apologized for being "difficult" during the series' run.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:04 AM   #314
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
BTW, it always fun talking about these old cartoons and TV shows. Quite a few of them I never got to watch because in my area we only had one major network TV station, KTBC TV in Austin which was mostly CBS but did show other stuff too. It was owned by Lady Bird Johnson, the former First Lady. Sometimes I find old shows from the 1960s on networks like COZY which I do not remember at all, and I'm sure that s because they were never broadcast over our CBS affiliate.
It's a definite blast from the past. You should check out YouTube. They have quite a few old shows from the 50s and 60s, and they're free

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-12-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #315
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Baring in mind that I'm probably one of the younger members of this forum...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B8237BAF-8257-43E0-8F1B-84714EC85C34.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	171435  
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote