Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2024, 11:15 AM   #1
etatoby
etatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notes

Device: BOOX Note 3, HiSense A5 Pro CC
Question How to extract Kindle's original screensaver images

I have a Kindle Paperwhite (it says 10th gen, whatever that means) with the original 5.16.7 OS.

I would like to extract the builtin screensaver pictures to use on my PC.

Is there a way to extract them without jailbreaking the Kindle? Can I extract them from one of the official ".bin" update files? (I will try getting one of those, but if they are encrypted or compressed, I won't be able to extract anything.)

Has anybody already extracted them and posted them somewhere?

Thanks
etatoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:07 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
There is no way to extract them from a kindle unless it has been jailbroken.

Yes, they can be extracted from an official ".bin" update file using kindletool.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=187880

It would probably be a copyright violation to post them.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:40 PM   #3
ajs256
he/him
ajs256 is on a distinguished road

Device: Jailbroken Kindle PW3 + PW5
If your Kindle is jailbroken, the screensaver assets are in the directory
Code:
/usr/share/blanket/screensaver
ajs256 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extract, kindle, screensaver