Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-17-2022, 04:01 PM   #16
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I've read comics in ePub format... but the app I use supports image zooming; it's a function of the reader/app, not the ePub format. My app/reader also requires the ePub to be de-DRMed. You can't reasonably get there from here using the DRMed source files found from a library.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:39 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iostrym View Post
Thanks but am I the only one to read comics in epub format ? No one use it ?
Use your web browser to read the comics. You should be able to zoom that way. It's called Overdrive Read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:56 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks but am I the only one to read comics in epub format ? No one use it ?
There is a difference between WANT and practical.
EPUB has limits, as it was intended for simple(scroll/page) screen viewing

For things that need Zoom (or color), I use my Tablet.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:32 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
My daughter uses epub for comics but they are sent to her Kobo ereader as a kepub which allows for zooming images. This does require removing DRM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:15 PM   #20
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is a difference between WANT and practical.
EPUB has limits, as it was intended for simple(scroll/page) screen viewing

For things that need Zoom (or color), I use my Tablet.
I think the reading software should be responsible for zooming images and ebook formats should not have anything to do with it.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:29 AM   #21
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I think the reading software should be responsible for zooming images and ebook formats should not have anything to do with it.
Agreed. It's nothing to do with the the epub spec or design but a reader feature. Unfortunately not in the commonly used Adobe epub renderer. There is nothing in kepub or Amazon KFX that couldn't be added to the renderer for regular epub2 or azw3/KF8.

It's like confusing HTML with specific Browser features. The various ways users can zoom with a browser isn't part of HTML. As an aside the Mobile Browsers are broken as they zoom entire page without reflow as if it's a PDF!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:14 AM   #22
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I would argue that comics (the topic of this thread) are somewhat of a special case. Some platforms (Amazon & comiXology) add metadata to comics that allows automatic zooming to show panels sequentially on each page. That avoids a lot of manual effort on the part of the reader.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 06:48 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
hello,

I have a problem because library of my city (Paris) is delivering some comics (50% of them approx) in epub format.

my problem is I can't zoom in image of the comics in epub format using windows (adobe digital edition) or android (aldiko).

using my computer is quite not a problem because screen is wide enough to read the comics without using the zoom but it is not confortable to read in front of my computer.

using my android tablet the screen is smaller and I was used to zoom in the comics to read correctly the text of the comics :
one zoom and then I could slide to read the bottom of the comics.

I'm not 100% sure but I have the feeling that zoom using aldiko is possible when format of the comics are PDF.

Is there a solution to be able to zoom in image of the epub ? using another android program for instance ? I found only aldiko to read epub with DRM.

by the way, on android device, I can't use adobe digital edition becase there is an error when opening the .acsm file (E_ACT_NOT_READY)
There is a possible solution. If your library allows you to read online in your web browser, Use your browser to zoom in.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote