Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
rellik_tida
rellik_tida began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Browse files in folder/Finding files location

I think the editor is brilliant. However, I used to edit files using the "Tweak book" option, and have a python script that I run on the html files of the book. Is there a way to find the location of the files (browse in a folder etc.), or is exporting and reimporting files the only option I have?
rellik_tida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rellik_tida View Post
I think the editor is brilliant. However, I used to edit files using the "Tweak book" option, and have a python script that I run on the html files of the book. Is there a way to find the location of the files (browse in a folder etc.), or is exporting and reimporting files the only option I have?
The location is where it came from.

If you select a book in Calibre and tap 'T', the edited book replaces the (library) one it opened upon saving. Any normal calibre action uses that (edited) book.

If you open from the CLI, (or editors Menu) the book replaces the original.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #3
rellik_tida

Thanks for the reply, but what I meant was the location of the html files in the editor mode, not the location of the saved file nor the original book.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The old tweak book function is still there. It is now "Unpack Book".

If the idea is to unpack the book, fiddle with the files and then repack them, then you could look at the Open With plugin. This allows you to run an executable against the book in the library. You should be able to add the unpack and repack to you script.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
If you're trying to do some custom auto-editing on your epubs then there's nothing to stop you continuing to use the 'old Tweak' method which is still an available option under the new name of 'Unpack Book'.

Alternatively, as you know Python, you could create your own plugin utilising calibre's EpubContainer class to do the unpacking and packing (plus other useful utilities) with your own code sitting in the middle.

Edit: Damn, too slow with the Unpack suggestion!
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
rellik_tida

Thank you all. The unpack function is what I was looking for, and the plugins suggestion sounds like something that will also useful.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Alternatively, as you know Python, you could create your own plugin utilising calibre's EpubContainer class to do the unpacking and packing (plus other useful utilities) with your own code sitting in the middle.
I didn't think of that. Which is silly as I hacked a version of Modify ePub to do some things that I wanted. It is a good starting point for this sort of thing.
Quote:
Edit: Damn, too slow with the Unpack suggestion!
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote