Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 03:41 AM   #76
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
So it doesn't look like there's any kind of cover over the micro USB port? How is it waterproof?
I think that's a good question. Even if they've somehow set up the Glowlight Plus to withstand water in its USB port, isn't that asking for trouble when you plug it into a computer? Isn't that opening the risk that you could short out a USB device on your laptop or desktop? It seems like some kind of plug on the USB port would have been a good idea -- inconvenient or not.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:21 AM   #77
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I think that's a good question. Even if they've somehow set up the Glowlight Plus to withstand water in its USB port, isn't that asking for trouble when you plug it into a computer? Isn't that opening the risk that you could short out a USB device on your laptop or desktop? It seems like some kind of plug on the USB port would have been a good idea -- inconvenient or not.
Perhaps there's some sort of rubber membrane inside the port opening that gets pushed to one side by the USB connector?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2015, 01:22 PM   #78
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps there's some sort of rubber membrane inside the port opening that gets pushed to one side by the USB connector?
Based on what I've see of the one that was ripped open, the USB port is sealed off from the rest of the Glowlight Plus.

Water might get in to the place where you insert the plug but it won't get further.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:01 PM   #79
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

how to buy in canada? thx

error is "One or more of the items in your shopping bag cannot be shipped to the country you have selected in your shipping address."

Last edited by kocoman; 10-31-2015 at 06:46 PM.
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:18 PM   #80
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can't. B&N don't sell in Canada. Get someone in the US to buy one for you.
Advert
Old 11-01-2015, 03:03 AM   #81
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Based on what I've see of the one that was ripped open, the USB port is sealed off from the rest of the Glowlight Plus.

Water might get in to the place where you insert the plug but it won't get further.
I figured that, but what about the connector/cable you plug into it? If water is in the port, it could short across the cable -- to either the Nook or whatever you're plugging the cable into on the other side.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:15 AM   #82
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I still think that old NST was the e-reader with the best design. If only this also carried the same design...
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
I still think that old NST was the e-reader with the best design. If only this also carried the same design...
I find the NST design to be awful. And yes, I do own one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:58 AM   #84
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
I agree. The almost "square" shape with the wider edges made it easier to hold. And I really liked (like) the way the Page Turn buttons felt and worked.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:42 AM   #85
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
It just goes to show how you can never please everyone. I liked the page turn buttons on my old Kindle, but I found the design of the Nook quite off-putting, and the "squareness" of just made it feel bulky to hold.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #86
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post
It just goes to show how you can never please everyone. I liked the page turn buttons on my old Kindle, but I found the design of the Nook quite off-putting, and the "squareness" of just made it feel bulky to hold.
I, on the other hand, found myself accidentally turning pages on my Kindle Keyboard virtually every time I picked it up . The "haptic sensors" on the Kindle Voyage are the best way to turn the page of any device I've owned up to now.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:48 AM   #87
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I, on the other hand, found myself accidentally turning pages on my Kindle Keyboard virtually every time I picked it up . The "haptic sensors" on the Kindle Voyage are the best way to turn the page of any device I've owned up to now.
Agreed, the NST buttons were a bit too hard (required a bit too much squeezing) and the original Kindle was a bit too easy (my wife had the OG Kindle).

I really like the buttons on the Voyage.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #88
hermit
hermit began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Will we see the NEW GLOWLIGHT PLUS in the UK? As I,ve asked the UK devision but get NO answers? Wake up B & N you have loyal customers in the UK
hermit is offline   Reply With Quote