Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #1
altsys
altsys began at the beginning.

Device: PB740
Inkpad 3 (PB740) OPDS support current status ?

Hi

I've just bought an inkpad 3 "tea" version, and was eager to use opds catalogs, but unfortunately it seems that this feature is somehow missing...
I've checked the latest russian user manual and discovered a whole section explaining how to use the so-called online libraries aka opds.This section does not exist at all in the US manual.
So I've installed the 5.19.542 following the 4pad.ru pb740 thread mentioning opds but the damn pocketbook cloud is still there on my pb740.
Is there some kind of hardware limitation that allows russian pb740 get native opds or did pocketbook drop the opds support ?
Is there anyway to get native opds support on pb740 ?

Last edited by altsys; 03-11-2019 at 09:32 PM.
altsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:09 PM   #2
altsys
altsys began at the beginning.

Device: PB740
Here is an answer from Pocketbook support :

Quote:
OPDS catalogs are not available for European devices (that means that OPDS is preinstalled on the devices for Russian market only).

On the TEA devices you can use the preinstalled Library only as well preinstalled Browser to navigate in the Internet.

The hardware limitation doesn't permit to use the OPDS catalog on the TEA version. There is no way to drop or to install the OPDS on your TEA device.

If you have a TEA branded device it's vorbidden to install an official PoketBook version on your InkPad 3 TEA. We don't recommend to do it.
altsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2019, 03:40 AM   #3
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
You probably know this, but the Vlasovsoft collection for Pocketbook includes an opds option (I use it on my Pocketbook Touch HD 1).

I do find that I need to reboot my HD after downloading books in order to get the Pocketbook to see and organise them in its library structure.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote