Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #121
solwisesteve
Enthusiast
solwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Vox
fyi just spoken to Kobo support. They say they've never heard of the so called Sleep-of-Death fault. They will get back in touch.
solwisesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #122
wwat
Enthusiast
wwat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
fyi just spoken to Kobo support. They say they've never heard of the so called Sleep-of-Death fault. They will get back in touch.
Hmmm, I guess it all depends who you talk to. I lodged a ticket back on the 21st Dec and it finally got to a level 3 tech. Here are a few recent responses regarding this issue, but I'm not sure they would know it as 'the sleep of death' issue.

Quote:
Response Via Email (Kate R.)01/04/2012 01:36 PMHi Wayne,

Thanks for your patience. We aware that the issue remains with some units and our Development Team are working to provide a fix.

What happens when the setting is on "Never when plugged in"?
Does it help with the issue?

Sincerely,
The Kobo TeamResponse Via Email (Kate R.)12/29/2011 05:23 PMHi Wayne,

Thank you for all the information you have provided so far. Unfortunately, this issue is complex and will need to be escalated to the Tier 3 team for investigation in greater detail.

We apologize for the delay in the resolution of this issue but we will try to provide a solution as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that we may require additional information in order to resolve the issue. Rest assured, we will be tracking this ticket and making sure that we keep you up to date with the investigation.

We appreciate your patience during this time

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team
wwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #123
solwisesteve
Enthusiast
solwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animals

Tier 3!! Wow I'm only at Tier 2 - sounds like I've got to through some pointless emailing back and forth before I start to speak to anyone sensible. I didn't call it sleep-of-death on the phone; I explained it in simple speak ;-)
Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #124
solwisesteve
Enthusiast

Quote:
My own tests seem to show that charging the correct charger back in does NOT make it start showing the correct level.
Okay testing seems to show that using a 3rd party charger really does confuse the poor thing. After charging for several hours with the ipad charger I was still only on 50%: It should have been 100% after this time. Off and then the vox charger. On again. Shows 50%. Off and wait 30mins. Now at 60%. Off and wait another 30mins. Now at 100%. So either the ipad charger isn't actually charging or, even if it does then it's pointless anyway because it's impossible to make the vox register that it's been charged up anyway. So my advise is guard your genuine charger with your life: Don't loose and don't break it because this looks like the only charger that actually works! :-(
Old 01-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #125
solwisesteve
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwat View Post
Hmmm, I guess it all depends who you talk to. I lodged a ticket back on the 21st Dec and it finally got to a level 3 tech. Here are a few recent responses regarding this issue, but I'm not sure they would know it as 'the sleep of death' issue.
I've not heard a thing back from Kobo on this. May I ask if you have got any response from Kobo on this issue?
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #126
BGM
BGM began at the beginning.

Brand New Vox

Hello out there, i just received my new Vox and when i connected to WI-Fi that's OK BUT the problem is when i check for updates it says Tablet Upgrade Error right away over and over what gives can SOMEONE HELP and by the way this is my THIRD ONE took the other two Vox's back
BGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #127
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Okay testing seems to show that using a 3rd party charger really does confuse the poor thing. After charging for several hours with the ipad charger I was still only on 50%: It should have been 100% after this time. Off and then the vox charger. On again. Shows 50%. Off and wait 30mins. Now at 60%. Off and wait another 30mins. Now at 100%. So either the ipad charger isn't actually charging or, even if it does then it's pointless anyway because it's impossible to make the vox register that it's been charged up anyway. So my advise is guard your genuine charger with your life: Don't loose and don't break it because this looks like the only charger that actually works! :-(

You can make the Vox register (display) the charge by pressing the reset button inside the back cover.
Even if you don't, it does charge and when fully charged you will get as much use as when charged with the original charger. It is only the charge icon that doesn't update to the real charge level.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #128
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
Hello out there, i just received my new Vox and when i connected to WI-Fi that's OK BUT the problem is when i check for updates it says Tablet Upgrade Error right away over and over what gives can SOMEONE HELP and by the way this is my THIRD ONE took the other two Vox's back
If you search this forum for "tablet upgrade error" you will find some suggestions.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #129
wwat
Enthusiast
wwat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, iPod
Quote:
I've not heard a thing back from Kobo on this. May I ask if you have got any response from Kobo on this issue?
Nothing yet, if I receive a response I'll post here. My guess is that the next we will hear about this issue will be by way of an update fix.
wwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #130
solwisesteve
Enthusiast

After a bit of mucking about I ended up getting the unit replaced by my high street supplier. After two weeks the replacement unit is till performing great. Sleep mode works and battery life as expected: c. 7 hrs just reading and 3-4 hours streaming over wifi.

Impression so far is the old unit was faulty and SOD might well be due to faulty products!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #131
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

My SOD disappeared. It's not hardware related.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote