Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
8140david
Connoisseur
8140david began at the beginning.

Device: none
Convert epub to pdf, with notes with main text in the pdf?

(I'm not sure where to ask this.)
I have an epub that I need to convert to pdf.
In each chapter of the epub, I have many notes.

1) In the pdf, I would like notes to be printed on the same page as the main text. Is there a way to do that?
With which tools? How, precisely?

2) If that's not possible, I'd like the notes to be printed at the end, but on continuous pages. At present, if I use the converter in calibre, the notes are printed at the end, but each note on a single page.

3) I would also like to be able to control more precisely the layout of the pdf. I haven't found detailed parameters in Calibre...

Thanks for your help!
David
8140david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) no

2) Remove the page breaks between the notes in the epub file

3) You can have great control over styling by editing the CSS in the epub file.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote