Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2022, 09:37 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
If you are referring to my posts, from an earlier post:
I was.
I found the Elipsa and reMarkable too tiring to read in bed for long.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:01 PM   #17
Aleron Ives
Addict
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Attached are two pictures.
Thanks. I suppose even 10" wouldn't make a huge difference at that font size. Maybe something like a 13" tablet form factor would work better?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 07:43 AM   #18
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've been using an Elipsa since day 1 and overall it is a great device for my uses, due to screen size and the durable screen substrate material, and the featureset of KOReader.

The stylus integration is a complete joke (and has barely improved since) and the DPI could be better. The battery life is pretty bad due to kernel-related issues which I'm not going to pretend I understand, but it is noticeable. I also would certainly enjoy physical page turn buttons.

So I'm not going to buy it again, and I suspect Kobo is not going to release a new one (because, again, their Notebook feature is still barely usable). Maybe if I can get a Kindle Scribe for a good price.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote