Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 03-18-2019, 04:59 AM   #1
Kaetrin
Connoisseur
Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Old version of Overdrive Media Console?

Does anyone know where I can download an older version of the Overdrive media console? We upgraded our computer and the version I had worked well and I understood it. The latest version is baffling me. I can't find where the books are.
Any help gratefully accepted.
thx!
Kaetrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Are you looking for the Windows version or???

You can get 3.6.0.0 at WineHQ or Googling other sites (I'd post a direct link, but the last time I did something similar to a third party site a Mod scolded me). Can't recall how old it is, but I've had it installed for at least a couple of years so 2017 or older.

I thought it was still the version you get from OD directly at https://app.overdrive.com/downloads/...nsoleSetup.msi since they seem to want to push folks towards their Win 8/10 app instead, but you didn't really give any details to what you had installed so this may be what you already have.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:35 PM   #3
Kaetrin
Connoisseur
Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.

As it happens what I was really after was the desktop app. Overdrive don't make it easy to find unfortunately! I had downloaded the MS app for Win10 but that doesn't allow transfer to devices (which is how I listen - most people I expect!) and it looks really different to what I was used to. I couldn't find the locations of the books. When I eventually stumbled onto the location of the desktop program I deleted MS app and just downloaded the desktop one and it was what I used to seeing and gave me the functionality I wanted.

Alas, all that faffing around meant that when I went to download the library audiobook I again the licence was borked so now I'm #73/24 copies on the waiting list again. Oh well.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:13 AM   #4
IronChaim
Do-er, All of the Things
IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Androids
I'm pretty certain you can still transfer to devices using the OD App from the Microsoft Store, they just moved things around with the new UI as you mentioned. This seems to be the FAQ about it?

https://help.overdrive.com/customer/...ticles/2295702

EDIT:
Looks like they did move the default storage location for the app. On my machine, audiobooks are now stored here:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Music\My Media\OverDrive

Last edited by IronChaim; 03-19-2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Found local path for audiobooks
IronChaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:49 AM   #5
Kaetrin
Connoisseur

When I went to try and transfer to a device using the app, I was given a link to the desktop version.

I ended up with the desktop version which is the one I wanted so it's all good anyway.

Tags
audiobooks, overdrive, software