Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-25-2020, 10:05 AM   #16
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Umm wait for the next release when I will disable it along with the rest of the stylistic checks that I have already disabled.

1. Would there be any advantage to justify the extra effort to allow the user to choose which checks to use, or maybe just All or None?

2. I have a 'sort of standard' style sheet so I very seldom remove unused rules and classes, just because I might come back and use one later, not realizing that I deleted it
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:31 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Which stylistic warnings (apart from this one that I missed) give you errors rather than warnings?
Now I get an orange person tripping (I do have 4.9.1)
Gremlins ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:36 AM   #18
Brett Merkey
Not Quite Dead
Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4; Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Here's the exact URL the "detailed description" links to:
https://github.com/CSSLint/csslint/w...e-defined-once

... very odd. I don't agree with that at all.
As made clear by the link, CSSLint has come within the orbit of the Object Oriented CSS cult started by Nicole Sullivan.
https://www.keycdn.com/blog/oocss

That cult, as any other, makes sense in a very limited context only. Platforms based upon OOCSS are certain that headings should be referred to only once in a set of rules and even the use of "classes" should be avoided.

Quote:
I will disable it along with the rest of the stylistic checks that I have already disabled.
Mr. Goyal's promise to muffle this cult's ravings within the checker module seems a good thing.
Brett Merkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #19
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
Quote:
Umm wait for the next release when I will disable it along with the rest of the stylistic checks that I have already disabled.
I just spotted this one: Duplicate property 'background-color" found, as an error. So it's not just doing it at the class level, but down within a class.

Edit: Just spotted that that error was because the color definition was twice within the same class. That does make sense as an error.

Last edited by retiredbiker; 01-25-2020 at 10:53 AM.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:23 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post

1. Would there be any advantage to justify the extra effort to allow the user to choose which checks to use, or maybe just All or None?

2. I have a 'sort of standard' style sheet so I very seldom remove unused rules and classes, just because I might come back and use one later, not realizing that I deleted it
Not worth the effort for me, but patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:45 PM   #21
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Not worth the effort for me, but patches are welcome.
I wish I could, but for me Python is just a very large snake
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #22
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
how to use left & right panels of 'check book'

I am having trouble interpreting how to read 'check book' and would appreciate if someone could provide explanation. The left panel says chapter 15, line 4, column 59 requires a RBRACE. The right panel says chapter 15, line 35, column 58 has syntax errors. I do not see how these relate. Best regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-01-28 13-17-48.png
Views:	146
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	176704   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-01-28 13-18-40.png
Views:	131
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	176705  
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:06 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The right panel has the correct location, the left panel location comes from the underlying CSS checking library which sees only the CSS in isolation. In any case double clicking on the error should take you to its location.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:19 AM   #24
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
Thanks for the explanation, Mr. Goyal. I was lost. Best regards, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:34 AM   #25
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Now I get an orange person tripping (I do have 4.9.1)
Gremlins ?
Wow... Donald Trump on acid?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote