Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
ladywiththepants
ladywiththepants began at the beginning.

Device: none
iphone and ipad error after export ID 5.5

After I export my validated epub to my iphone and ipad im getting a weird pink error message. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I read that it is a google chrome problem, not an InDesign problem - but cannot find how to fix it. Can anyone help?
ladywiththepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
What is the error message and where does it appear?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
Dillinquent
eBook pro
Dillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toys

Device: PC, iPad, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Ace
Open the epub in Sigil and run the validator, the results are a lot more accurate than Adobe's.
Dillinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Adobe does not have a validator afak. Perhaps in ID... There are two validators that most people use. ePubCheck and FlightCrew (also built in Sigil). The first gives very cryptic messages and does not report all errors. FlightCrew gives more 'understandble' error messages and reports more errors.
There is no validator that will report all errors as I understood.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
export error, indesign cs5.5, ipad, iphone